Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NeuroRecovery Technologies, Inc. CEO presents at Working 2 Walk

I know that a number of subjects were treated by undergraduate students and one theory is that their experimental/clinical methods were lacking. I can get more info. Will update soon.
    Last edited by Mize; 12-11-2016 at 04:25 PM. Reason: corrected graduate to undergraduate
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

So the study of 5 who did not respond has not been published. I do know that these were all ASIA As and that the operators of the experiment were undergraduates. While there have been good results with ASIA As this result conforms to the theory that some SCIs will require the implanted system. It's worth noting, however, that it is possible that there might have been some less-than-ideal experimental method and that there is an intention to try to reevaluate some of these subjects with a more current system run by more experienced operators.

For now, however, the data stands as evidence that the transcutaneous system may not help every SCI.

Nonetheless, IMHO, it would be a "low-to-no-risk" (other than $$) effort to see if it works owing to the non-invasive nature of the transcutaneous method.

This is really awesome. Not that this would be my case, but what about the ones with completely severed, transacted spinal cord?

I don't know the answer but it's a good question. I think some of the rat studies in the Denmark/Swiss group involved completely severed cords, but I think the rats needed a moving treadmill to induce a walking motion when suspended by a harness.

In the video he talks about finding the right investor. Then states that they believe they did find the right partner and "should close Wednesday". Did that happen? Who is the "exciting" partner he was referring to?

Yes its done.

Who is the 'exciting' partner is probably down to the organisations who invested to say, so you may or may not find out if they publicise it.

However afaik the investments came from organisations and people in the SCI community. To me this is important as we have to show our own commitments to a cure.
    If its fundraising, advocacy or something else, we all must do what we can. No one without a vested interest is going to help us.

I'll add that the funding Nick mentioned in the presentation is done, but that the management team has another approximately 90 days to garner additional investment before the round closes. So there's been a substantial closing but the round isn't yet closed. As such, by SEC rule, NRT cannot disclose details yet.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...afranca&rank=2

I had a hard time finding the study but I believe this is it, so exciting, hopefully some of you can participate, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I live in florida and the trials are in california
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

I didn't see any mention about AIS change, but if the patients with complete injuries had some sensory motor returns below their injury, does it not mean that they changed AIS to incomplete ?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio GS View Post
    I didn't see any mention about AIS change, but if the patients with complete injuries had some sensory motor returns below their injury, does it not mean that they changed AIS to incomplete ?
    No. The requirement for incomplete is sacral sensation. Without that you're considered complete.