Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: NeuroRecovery Technologies, Inc. CEO presents at Working 2 Walk

And to prove that I am fair AND honest.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Edgerton's results have been replicated in Ireland, Australia and at the Mayo Clinic without similar claims of harm
    1. The n=1 study in Ireland is not a replication of any other existing study but rather a standalone LMN + exoskeleton study. (Happy to be corrected if someone else in Ireland has been stimulated and that it is indeed a replication of something that has been done before)

2. I am not aware of anyone that has been stimulated in Australia to date. I believe these replication studies are planned for starting later in 2018. (Happy to be corrected if they have indeed started already).
    Last edited by Fly_Pelican_Fly; 04-06-2018 at 06:59 AM.

Here's the latest Edgerton's transcutaneous stim study. 7 of 12 motor complete quads benefitted from stim.

https://spinalcordresearchandadvocac...d-pilot-study/
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

It looks promising. Since its noninvasive will it be available soonish?

Quote Originally Posted by skippopotamus View Post
    It looks promising. Since its noninvasive will it be available soonish?
    One would think so, but it's impossible to guess a timeline for it.

Thank you for responding Grammy. I would consider two working hands to be darn near a cure. It'd sure make life easier.

I reread the articles today and see a couple of things I missed.

"Edgerton is seeking FDA approval for the motor control device so that it can be used by rehabilitation clinics and others."
    So the therapy is already seeking approval but who knows how long it could take.

"Although a neuromodulation-training effect was observed in every subject tested, further controlled and blinded studies are needed to determine the responsiveness of a larger and broader population of subjects varying in the type, severity and years post injury."
    Hopefully these further studies are already underway and won't hold up the FDA approval but it seems like they would.
    Last edited by skippopotamus; 04-26-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skippopotamus View Post
    "Edgerton is seeking FDA approval for the motor control device so that it can be used by rehabilitation clinics and others."
    So the therapy is already seeking approval but who knows how long it could take.

Hopefully these further studies are already underway and won't hold up the FDA approval but it seems like they would.
    This first product external (transcutaneous) device is being submitted as a Class II non-significant risk device (FDA DeNovo submission) for those individuals with partial to complete paralysis. This particular classification should go much faster...

GRAMMY has probably posted this already, but here's an article on transcutaneous stim impact on blood pressure:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28967294

Another tidbit I'm cleared to release from participant I know: this person is an incomplete quad whose previous record for standing without passing out was 5 minutes. With the stimulator on they stood (assisted of course) for an hour. Didn't pass out then, but had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    This first product external (transcutaneous) device is being submitted as a Class II non-significant risk device (FDA DeNovo submission) for those individuals with partial to complete paralysis. This particular classification should go much faster...
    That's good to know!!