Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NeuroRecovery Technologies, Inc. CEO presents at Working 2 Walk

Thumbs up NeuroRecovery Technologies, Inc. CEO presents at Working 2 Walk

At Working 2 Walk, Dr. Terrafranca explains in this video the details and many facets involved in the commercialization process of a given therapy.

Nick Terrafranca, DPM, is CEO of NeuroRecovery Technologies, Inc. (NRT), a cutting edge medical technology company focused on the design and development of devices to help restore function and movement in patients with paralysis. Dr. Terrafranca is a serial entrepreneur with 30 years of experience in various disciplines of the Life Science Industry. His professional experience has touched upon every facet in the healthcare delivery system from clinical practice and product development to healthcare provider programs. Dr. Terrafranca is a co-founder of NRT with Drs. Reggie Edgerton (UCLA) and Joel Burdick (Caltech). This team has led the company from inception and is now preparing to embark on commercial development of their unique, non-invasive spinal cord neuromodulation system.

LINK

Grammy-

Thank you for posting this.

This is extremely encouraging.

Do you have any other information yet in regards to the funding and the funding partner that he was referring to?

It sounds as if he was extremely confident that the deal is almost done.

Dr. Terrafranca spoke really well in all areas. It is very educational and encouraging. I learned a few things. They will first use the on the skin simulator which they were going go use only on Asia C and D but they saw that it also worked on Asia A and B. Second, they are developing an updated implantable version also. I really like this a lot and he gives such a clear picture of how it was developed and where it is now and where it is going. They really have something here but the wait is about 2 1/2 years but this is so good. Hope everybody watches this guy. Thanks Grammy.

Blog Entries
    This was so easy to understand and helpful. I got chill bumps just listening to him talk about those getting bladder function back! Few questions:

1.On the external system, has there been a mention of what it might cost the consumer and whether insurance will even pay for it?
    2.Do you use this thing for ever or do you stop using it when you stop getting any return of function?

I cannot say much but I can say that NRT has secured significant funding. The round is still ongoing so nothing more can be stated until it closes.

The target price for the external stimulator is $2,500. It will have its own medicare code. It's to be set up by a physician and then used in tandem with physical therapy using parameters determined during physician set-up. It is meant as a "retraining" tool and not worn constantly. In fact the stimulation is not necessarily used simultaneously with therapy. The participants I know who had functional return maintained that recovery without the stimulator.

Thanks again for posting Grammy!
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I cannot say much but I can say that NRT has secured significant funding. The round is still ongoing so nothing more can be stated until it closes.

The target price for the external stimulator is $2,500. It will have its own medicare code. It's to be set up by a physician and then used in tandem with physical therapy using parameters determined during physician set-up. It is meant as a "retraining" tool and not worn constantly. In fact the stimulation is not necessarily used simultaneously with therapy. The participants I know who had functional return maintained that recovery without the stimulator.

Thanks again for posting Grammy!
    That is so affordable. Sounds like the PT might be the bigger expense. Thanks for the info!

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    We are all 'hog wild' over that post. Thanks, GRAMMY.
    Female, T9 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESRRR View Post
    Grammy-

Thank you for posting this.

This is extremely encouraging.

Do you have any other information yet in regards to the funding and the funding partner that he was referring to?

It sounds as if he was extremely confident that the deal is almost done.
    A Form D was filed according to what I read just a few days ago online so I'd say they are close and nearly done. A lot more will be sorted out and reported later on when things are finished up and additional information comes available...
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 12-12-2016 at 03:19 PM.

I wouldn't expect much more info regarding the financial backing until February at the earliest as NRT will be working hard to maximize the round now that some larger backers are on board. While they're doing this the work will move forward but they're obligated to keep financial details quiet.

I'm certainly hopeful that they secure even more backing as that will accelerate the entire process since so much can be run in parallel with increased resources.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Hi Mize ,
    He said that what they did worked on 33 out of 38 ; do you know what were those (5 out of 38 ) that they did not work and /or did not respond to stimulator ? do you know what level of injuries those cases were? were they complete or incomplete injuries ,etc. ? Do they know why it did not work on those 5 subjects ,etc. ? Thanks
    Last edited by kz; 12-11-2016 at 12:32 PM.