Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: NeuroRecovery Technologies, Inc. CEO presents at Working 2 Walk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Lynnifer has survived SCI for like 40 years, on her own, yet you have never given any level of respect. How long have you been injured, do you even have SCI? She has shared her struggles with us, you just stay hidden and criticise.

Of course, scientific facts are sacrosanct.

My issue with you FPF, you know everything, and don't know how to speak to people.

This is you- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Ubs8i8fJU
    Up pops Jim to protect his cronies. Jim, yes I do have an SCI as it happens. If you read my history I have also been very kind to Lynnifer re flaccid paralysis questions/experience. I even offered to bring my den2x to Toronto for her to try (I live in the UK and was on business in Canada) but the 3/4 hour drive was too much for her. Lol.

As for my being hidden and critical, I am vocal when there is nonsense being speculated upon. I also feel a duty to challenge you and your abuse of your role on CureCure to the extent that kids are planning their lives around proposed compassionate use of UCBC. That is far worse than my putting an old crony in her place.

I am only sorry that I have to come on here and tell the truth.

im pretty sure this will get deleted and I’ll get a ban but oh well.
    Last edited by Fly_Pelican_Fly; 04-05-2018 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    No Sir! You are not alone!!! I like real information much better than pompous fake information. Fly Pelican Fly!!!
    Funny how people look at the big bad scary truth isn’t it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    Funny how people look at the big bad scary truth isn’t it?
    Habitual misinformation cloaked in a huge ball of martyrdom is not healthy for people who read posts in the Cure thread! Protecting someone’s false reality when it is leading many people astray is being dishonest. If some self-proclaimed experts (40 year experts) would pay attention to anything but a slamming door then this protectionism would evaporate and facts would be much clearer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    You are right. I apologize. I thought we were discussing Harkema and was mixed up on 'external stimulator.' Everything I said stands about Harkema and CDRF though. Sorry Fly Pelican - I was confused on which one we were talking about.

In the future, Fly, please disagree with me without the snide comments.

I'm not a believer in the Edgerton device either since learning about that one patient who suffered. Our 'wanting' to believe something works may cloud judgement.

I've been at this for over three decades and don't get excited over this anymore. Been here many, many, many times. Hope I'm proved wrong .. for the sakes of our newish people who really have hope in this.
    Apologise for erroneously shooting from the hip on one lab then follow it up with more of the same. Follow that with the self awarded ?fact? that 30 years has made you an expert? Then finish the post with how altruistic in spirit you are to ?newish? people! You really didn?t expect a harsh rebuttal?

You are right. I apologize. I thought we were discussing Harkema and was mixed up on 'external stimulator.' Everything I said stands about Harkema and CDRF though. Sorry Fly Pelican - I was confused on which one we were talking about.

In the future, Fly, please disagree with me without the snide comments.

I'm not a believer in the Edgerton device either since learning about that one patient who suffered. Our 'wanting' to believe something works may cloud judgement.

I've been at this for over three decades and don't get excited over this anymore. Been here many, many, many times. Hope I'm proved wrong .. for the sakes of our newish people who really have hope in this.
    What snide comment did I make? I wrote an unemotional correction. Also, I'm keenly aware of how Edgerton's device works and my Slender Tone abdominal stim belt is a comparable risk.
    Just from reading Edgerton's patents you can extract the method to which the individual you referenced was exposed:

1. One electrode (+) goes somewhere around T11/L1
    2. Two (-) electrodes go above the iliac crests (pointy part of hip) on one's flanks.
    3. Apply 30-100 mA current

My RT300 FES bike applies more current to my spinal erectors without issue.
    The harm your referenced individual claims are increased spasticity and an arched lower spine.
    You won't have experience with spastic paralysis, but, for many of we spastic folks, spasticity increases in the early years. What's more, I also have an arched spine and it's caused my high tone in my hip flexors that isn't offset by my paralyzed back muscles. It's not uncommon and even has a name: paralytic scoliosis.

So I don't believe this young man was harmed. Edgerton's results have been replicated in Ireland, Australia and at the Mayo Clinic without similar claims of harm. Your "victim" is simply experiencing what many of us have in spite of never having been part of any Edgerton study.

I think it's reckless of you to continue propagating these claims.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Mize - no snide comments from you at all. Sorry if you felt that way. I actually respect, very greatly, how you deal with some of the personalities here and I've not seen you resort to snide comments or insults towards anyone. As far as the tech, where there's one, there's more in my opinion .. but that's what trials are all about. You seem very knowledgeable about business and investing so I wish you luck with this endeavour! I do read and look forward to your posts and opinions. Probably many others here do as well.

nrf - Where do I proclaim that I was an expert? I start 34yrs this summer ... I've seen hopeful things come along many times (that's what I said). Curt has also said this but not been attacked like I have. You may want to see a counsellor for anger issues as you never miss a chance to diss the lone female in politics or elsewhere. Squishy. Odd seeing you post in the cure forum but I guess you couldn't resist the opportunity to 'get me.'

Pelican - twice you corrected me, not 'years.' I admitted I made a mistake and I did confuse the two stimulators. You seem a smart person with a lot of knowledge on the latest research and therefore quite a value to this community .. too bad your people skills are sorely lacking. This 'old cronie' will not be sticking to the 'pediatric and TBI forums' and how insulting to the actual people that DO have TBI's. Is that beneath you or something? I could not make it to Toronto - 4hrs away, more like 6-8hrs to get home because of traffic - due to pressure sores on flaccid paralysis. My nemesis.

Do you save that type of communication for your families, wives, partners, friends and medical personnel or just dump it here?

Thank you Moe for chipping in and being reasonable. I did apologize and then got beaten like a dead horse, lol. Thank you Silvio and you bring up a very valid concern about new people wanting to get involved in cure when they see how one person is attacked, even after apologizing and admitting I made an error. Two people who no longer post here reached out to me on FB and apologized for what happened here, when they didn't have to.

With so many studies and attempts made over the decades, I do find it confusing to keep up and really don't try anymore since I will not benefit. I apologize again and this 'old cronie' will stay out of the cure forum to make it right.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Beating a dead horse.... lol

"Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    Up pops Jim to protect his cronies. Jim, yes I do have an SCI as it happens. If you read my history I have also been very kind to Lynnifer re flaccid paralysis questions/experience. I even offered to bring my den2x to Toronto for her to try (I live in the UK and was on business in Canada) but the 3/4 hour drive was too much for her. Lol.

As for my being hidden and critical, I am vocal when there is nonsense being speculated upon. I also feel a duty to challenge you and your abuse of your role on CureCure to the extent that kids are planning their lives around proposed compassionate use of UCBC. That is far worse than my putting an old crony in her place.

I am only sorry that I have to come on here and tell the truth.

im pretty sure this will get deleted and I’ll get a ban but oh well.
    Abuse of my role, please. What a shame it will be when completes regain function and are able to take care of themselves. Growth across injury sites, tragic. Natural copulation producing babies, scandalous.

People don't get banned for being rude and pompous. Way to put her in her place.

Do you save that type of communication for your families, wives, partners, friends and medical personnel or just dump it here?
    All three of my wives, my professional and personal network are very pleased with my honesty and social skills thank you. If you feel the need to score points, lots of people have also DM'd me thanking me for pointing out your consistent misinformation pollution. Read into that whatever you wish.

I haven't suggested you stop posting or visiting the forum - but to quote my earlier post.......

Learn the facts, pay attention and think before you shit all over threads with misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Abuse of my role, please. What a shame it will be when completes regain function and are able to take care of themselves. Growth across injury sites, tragic. Natural copulation producing babies, scandalous.

People don't get banned for being rude and pompous. Way to put her in her place.
    No comment needed. Those reading that know what I am saying, know.