Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: NeuroRecovery Technologies, Inc. CEO presents at Working 2 Walk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    That's called putting your money money where your mouth is. Why, for the love of capitalism, would you prefer to just donate money when you could invest and get a capital return as well as a cure? What is better about giving money away for free? Makes no sense.
    I have no issue with investing wherever you want. An investment is an investment, a charitable contribution is charity. When you take a strong position against an organization (CDRF) over a financial matter on a “Cure” website it just is more honest to let everyone know that you have a personal financial gain or loss to be made based on the outcome of that matter. I sure hope Mize’s investment is a good one!!! Mize has erased most of his posts here so I certainly can understand your questioning the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    An investment is an investment, a charitable contribution is charity.
    Unless it is done through a foundation - in which case there is no personal gain.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong .. but they never received any funding from the Reeve Foundation and the initial 36 patients fell through. Plus, the trial was botched or .. the official explanation was that the parameters changed. Square One.
    This is false. 36 patients is The Big Idea study, not NRT or the transcutaneous stimulator. Louisville and Harkema are not working with NRT on the transcutaneous stimulator.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    I have no issue with investing wherever you want. An investment is an investment, a charitable contribution is charity. When you take a strong position against an organization (CDRF) over a financial matter on a “Cure” website it just is more honest to let everyone know that you have a personal financial gain or loss to be made based on the outcome of that matter. I sure hope Mize’s investment is a good one!!! Mize has erased most of his posts here so I certainly can understand your questioning the matter.
    I'm sorry you don't understand aligning one's investments with "good causes" over straight up charity. Here's a difference: when you donate to charity you get one-third back in the form of a tax break. Of course that means you donated to a charity so you're not helping to bring devices to patients. When you invest in commercialization start ups, you're probably going to lose your money based on how rare it is for such efforts to succeed owing to the tiny market (SCI) these companies are pursuing.

With SCI, if you build a better mousetrap, a very small number of people - most with little money - are too few to "beat a path to your door," but, if your really lucky, a few of those SCIs will help commercialize that mousetrap.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

because i am trying to get an update and no one has responded. typing is not easy.

i would be grateful for any updates.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Just curious, why do you cut and paste that every few days into this thread?

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=1#post1847158

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=1#post1850614

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESRRR View Post
    because i am trying to get an update and no one has responded. typing is not easy.

i would be grateful for any updates.
    There is no update. You can rest assured when there is any official announcement or update on NRT neurostimulation, it will hit this forum within about 2 seconds flat and will have a link of it's own.

More than likely, an official update would be posted in a brand new 2018 thread rather this hijacked 2016 W2W thread where people are now pushing their own agendas. In fact, to save you trouble and confusion, I can send you the NRT link when something comes out from a legitimate source. Yes, limited hand use and typing don't mix well.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 04-04-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    This is false. 36 patients is The Big Idea study, not NRT or the transcutaneous stimulator. Louisville and Harkema are not working with NRT on the transcutaneous stimulator.
    You are right. I apologize. I thought we were discussing Harkema and was mixed up on 'external stimulator.' Everything I said stands about Harkema and CDRF though. Sorry Fly Pelican - I was confused on which one we were talking about.

In the future, Fly, please disagree with me without the snide comments.

I'm not a believer in the Edgerton device either since learning about that one patient who suffered. Our 'wanting' to believe something works may cloud judgement.

I've been at this for over three decades and don't get excited over this anymore. Been here many, many, many times. Hope I'm proved wrong .. for the sakes of our newish people who really have hope in this.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    You are right. I apologize. I thought we were discussing Harkema and was mixed up on 'external stimulator.' Everything I said stands about Harkema and CDRF though. Sorry Fly Pelican - I was confused on which one we were talking about.

In the future, Fly, please disagree with me without the snide comments.

I'm not a believer in the Edgerton device either since learning about that one patient who suffered. Our 'wanting' to believe something works may cloud judgement.

I've been at this for over three decades and don't get excited over this anymore. Been here many, many, many times. Hope I'm proved wrong .. for the sakes of our newish people who really have hope in this.
    Learn the facts, pay attention and think before you shit all over threads with misinformation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fly_pelican_fly View Post
    learn the facts, pay attention and think before you shit all over threads with misinformation.

ouch!!!

Not how I speak to people but to each their own. Next!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12