Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: NeuroRecovery Technologies, Inc. CEO presents at Working 2 Walk

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    I’m well aware of the government spending our money.

[OT rant about government waste deleted]

...why do you think it takes tens of millions of dollars to cross Death Valley?

Am I correct thinking that you’re not an investor, but a charitable contributor? If there exists “Zero profit motive” then investing would be insane? Right?
    News Flash!
    I have an SCI!
    The pay-off for progress on a cure is profit enough for me.

News Flash!
    Most investors don't have SCIs or even know anyone who does.

Why do I think it takes tens of millions of dollars to get a medical device from academic paper to FDA-approved, commercial device?
    Because it does.

[headbang]

Seriously, do you have any idea what it takes to bring a new medical device to market?
    T3-T6 complete since Sept 2015.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    News Flash!
    I have an SCI!
    The pay-off for progress on a cure is profit enough for me.

News Flash!
    Most investors don't have SCIs or even know anyone who does.

Why do I think it takes tens of millions of dollars to get a medical device from academic paper to FDA-approved, commercial device?
    Because it does.

[headbang]

Seriously, do you have any idea what it takes to bring a new medical device to market?
    If you’re doing it for “the cure” then why muddy the water with “investing”? If the device is safe and effective then set up top notch clinic in Tahiti (Australia) and watch the money roll in. The cost in getting a safe effective medical device from academic paper to FDA-approved commercial device is a fraction of the cost to get an ineffective dangerous medical device to FDA - approved! I’ll bet CDRF has a good reason to withhold the money either temporarily or permanently. I hope they release it once their reservations are alleviated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    I'm not sure I follow, do you mean that you think theses things will get funded by traditional investors?
    Aren?t you a traditional investor?

I would say this describes me.

Am I correct thinking that you?re not an investor, but a charitable contributor? If there exists ?Zero profit motive? then investing would be insane? Right?
    I'm willing to support anything that brings recovery of function. I would say I'm investing in finding a cure.

It doesn't matter if its research or a company, as long as it results in real progress then I'm in.

There are lots of ways of looking at these things. You could say funding research is the same as funding a corporate entity.
    If you think about it if you fund research and its successful a commercial entity will pick it up and benefit from the money you invested in research.
    Maybe the charity or university gets a small amount from patent licensing, so based on their investment they will get a return.

I see them the as being the same, the only difference is the stage the solution is at. Companies are more exciting - because thats the stage when its closer to touching us.

Blog Entries
    I would say this describes me.

I'm willing to support anything that brings recovery of function. I would say I'm investing in finding a cure.

It doesn't matter if its research or a company, as long as it results in real progress then I'm in.

There are lots of ways of looking at these things. You could say funding research is the same as funding a corporate entity.
    If you think about it if you fund research and its successful a commercial entity will pick it up and benefit from the money you invested in research.
    Maybe the charity or university gets a small amount from patent licensing, so based on their investment they will get a return.

I see them the as being the same, the only difference is the stage the solution is at. Companies are more exciting - because thats the stage when its closer to touching us.
    I can appreciate your position and it makes sense. Badmouthing CDRF for the sake of a corporation that you are invested in has the appearance of impropriety. Appearance is just that. I hope CDRF works the kinks out and gives NRT the money and that it is the assistance necessary to make a great device that improves every bodies life.

I can appreciate your position and it makes sense. Badmouthing CDRF for the sake of a corporation that you are invested in has the appearance of impropriety. Appearance is just that. I hope CDRF works the kinks out and gives NRT the money and that it is the assistance necessary to make a great device that improves every bodies life.
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

I didn't mean to badmouth CDRF, apologies if anyone took it that way - I know they do a lot of good work. I just want them to do what they publicised.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

I didn't mean to badmouth CDRF, apologies if anyone took it that way - I know they do a lot of good work. I just want them to do what they publicised.
    Not you bad mouthing but Mize. CDRF should live up to their commitment or give a reason why they won’t. I think NRT is one of the most promising fixes on the horizon.

I apologize to CDRF. I also know that they help some SCIs.
    I just see foundation money as the key you safe commercialization less prone to fraud compared to the overseas knock off clinics.
    T3-T6 complete since Sept 2015.

Curious if anyone has any updates as to the status of when the external stimulator may be available ?

At the 2016 W2W there was announcements in regards to money being raised and the timeframe of when it would be available that was thrown around was two years.

More recently there was a announcement or article in which there is talk of having raised $5 million from the Reeve foundation.

Does anyone have any more updates as to when this might be available?

Are we looking at the end of 2018 (two years from the 2016 W2W presentation) or are we still talking about 2 years from today which would you make it 2020?

Correct me if I'm wrong .. but they never received any funding from the Reeve Foundation and the initial 36 patients fell through. Plus, the trial was botched or .. the official explanation was that the parameters changed. Square One.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12