Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: NeuroRecovery Technologies, Inc. CEO presents at Working 2 Walk

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    On the downside my spasms have been way worse than normal the past few days.
    Others have reported this same side effect, right?
    Co-founder & CTO of MYOLYN - FES Technology for People with Paralysis - Empowering People to Move

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    I'm a c6 ais C 7 years post injury. Dull sensation everywhere, some core and leg movement, limited hand function with the left being stronger. I just noticed new movement in my ankle last month so I am still regaining new function. I also have an implanted stim device that is connected directly to my muscles, not my spinal cord.

I've been experimenting and trying to replicate this the past 4 days. Using an Empi 300pv stim device on a pre programmed high volt pattern designed to increase circulation. Stim on for 15 sec, off for 5 for an hour a day. I place 1 2x3.5" stim pad horizontal on the back of my neck right below my hair line and the other pad 3-4" below that vertically right on my spine. Using anywhere from 10-20 MA depending how it feels.

On my 3rd day without even trying I noticed I am able to open my left, stronger hand more than before! On my 4th day I feel like my right weaker hand is able to open more than before also! On the downside my spasms have been way worse than normal the past few days. I normally have really tight neck/trap muscles. After doing a session I feel much looser and my neck will crack like it does after getting a massage.
    That's awesome news. Are you able to set long widths? I know of cases where longer pulse width made a difference as well. Typically you should notice something when the stim is active too.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    That's awesome news. Are you able to set long widths? I know of cases where longer pulse width made a difference as well. Typically you should notice something when the stim is active too.

Thanks! I am still pretty shocked that its working. I haven't notice a difference while the stim is on but I usually do it at night while I'm in bed.

I'm able to set
    NMES or High Volt
    Polarity - negative or positive
    Rate of Pulse Per Second from 2 to 150
    On time/off time
    With NMES I can also change
    Waveform - symmetrical or asymmetrical
    Cycling - alternate or synchronus
    Ramp time
    Pulse width from 50 to 400

Any advice on a pattern I should try next?
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

I've got notes somewhere with the settings used on a Chattanooga stim unit that allowed a complete quad to move a leg. I know the pulse width was 340 but I have to find the rest. I know the frequency was 60Hz. If you go with asymmetrical you need to shorten the duration of the stim as that builds up charge at one electrode increasing the chances of a burn.

The tragedy is that we are talking about using inferior equipment when there is something better that we can't get.

Wills77, I hope you work it out with what you have, but imagine if you had what we all need.
    Are you able to go and test the NRT stuff? Have you asked them?
    It sounds like you are committed, so please PM me if you have been knocked back.

I couldn't agree more. Even if NRT's unit only helped 10% of SCIs, it's worth the Foundations kicking in to get it across the goal line for those 10%.

Blog Entries
    I couldn't agree more. Even if NRT's unit only helped 10% of SCIs, it's worth the Foundations kicking in to get it across the goal line for those 10%.
    We are having some success with the Chattanooga. Asia As are able to move toes, legs and ankles volitionally. We are using it with the Total Gym and people are able to do partial squats at 30?. No residual anything after stim is turned off. I wonder how much better we could do with the NRT? We are also using the Chatanooga with the RTI in gate mode while treadmilling people, we are not sophisticated enough to measure changes scientifically but our trainers can feel the difference.

I'd take it even further, if there is a solution that only helps a single person use their hands surely they should have it.
    But you are right, if it helped 10% of the people that would be massive. In a world where there are solutions for 0%.

I've spoken with the large foundations about this and the feedback you get is "We invested in the research, thats where we stop."
    There is no plan for the foundations to help get the cures out of research to the people (unless you count lying about it)

Blog Entries
    Maybe NRT should look at licensing their technology to a big company before a big company comes out with something similar and leaves NRT in the dust?

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Maybe NRT should look at licensing their technology to a big company before a big company comes out with something similar and leaves NRT in the dust?
    NRT has the patents (or exclusive license of them) as well as the accumulated know how regarding frequencies and waveforms so I don't think a big company will leave them in the dust. If this were applicable to a larger market the big corps would infringe then countersue them into Oblivion. But it's a tiny market.

That said, a bigger company could fund the final push in exchange for an exclusive license of sorts.