Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: NeuroRecovery Technologies, Inc. CEO presents at Working 2 Walk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    NRT has the patents (or exclusive license of them) as well as the accumulated know how regarding frequencies and waveforms so I don't think a big company will leave them in the dust. If this were applicable to a larger market the big corps would infringe then countersue them into Oblivion. But it's a tiny market.

That said, a bigger company could fund the final push in exchange for an exclusive license of sorts.
    That would be the way to go to make some money and help some people. If a big company is interested.

The question is how much money is needed?

I spent over a decade learning about the injury, research and failed attempts. This seems like a tool that could help immediately with rehabilitation.

I always ask myself what would Christopher Reeve have done. He would've pursued this with a vengeance. Hell, he pursued moving his finger with the vigor of any Olympian.

We need a figure in the community that can push for this change. I feel like I've been watching paint dry for too long. I have seen too many people in the community give up hope because of false promises. For good reason ? we have been promised and so many promises have come up incredibly short.

Imagine if we could get all different foundations to come up w/ a consensus. The problem I see is convincing the egos in charge of various foundations agreeing upon anything.

Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    The tragedy is that we are talking about using inferior equipment when there is something better that we can't get.

Wills77, I hope you work it out with what you have, but imagine if you had what we all need.
    Are you able to go and test the NRT stuff? Have you asked them?
    It sounds like you are committed, so please PM me if you have been knocked back.
    Yes I do. I'm in the gym a couple days a week and when I'm not, I'm handcycling or kayaking. My surface stim pads don't stick good to my neck or middle of my back especially when I'm moving around which is why I do it while I'm laying in bed.
    I emailed them a few months ago explaining my injury, function, etc and asked what I would need to do to try it out but I didn't get a reply. At this point they might not let me anyways because I'm enrolled in other studies.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Since there are a few DIY users here i wanted to see if anyone would want to trade notes or insites for tDCS

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...35#post1859335

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    The question is how much money is needed?

I spent over a decade learning about the injury, research and failed attempts. This seems like a tool that could help immediately with rehabilitation.

I always ask myself what would Christopher Reeve have done. He would've pursued this with a vengeance. Hell, he pursued moving his finger with the vigor of any Olympian.

We need a figure in the community that can push for this change. I feel like I've been watching paint dry for too long. I have seen too many people in the community give up hope because of false promises. For good reason ? we have been promised and so many promises have come up incredibly short.

Imagine if we could get all different foundations to come up w/ a consensus. The problem I see is convincing the egos in charge of various foundations agreeing upon anything.
    Good pointing. It’s absolutely ridiculous what’s happening :/ that f paint, never dries

During the video in the OP, it was estimated that these simulators 'would be in our hands' around mid-2019. Can anyone speak to what the funding snafu has done to this timeline? Will we have it by mid-2020 or what?

Mid 2020 is likely, assuming someone invests a few million...I mean NRT is making progress still due to the dedication of Terrafranca and his staff, but funding would speed things up considerably. They need an iteration or two more on the hardware and the user interface as well as for deploying the simulators and training clinical staff.

Any ideas for funding sources?
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

I don't have any particularly helpful options, especially given that the ROI seems so straightforward (known/defined market, easy to adopt product, modest cost, etc.). In other words, investor/venture people should be lined up!

Mid 2020 is likely, assuming someone invests a few million...I mean NRT is making progress still due to the dedication of Terrafranca and his staff, but funding would speed things up considerably. They need an iteration or two more on the hardware and the user interface as well as for deploying the simulators and training clinical staff.

i thought the obvious idea would be Wingsforlife
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature