Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: NeuroRecovery Technologies, Inc. CEO presents at Working 2 Walk

There are people using off the shelf simulators who've gotten some results. AFAIK the NRT waveforms and multiple frequencies, however, aren't replicable on existing simulators. Still doesn't hurt to try just keep away from your heart and hardware. Inadvertently defibrillating yourself would be bad!
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

This is why I think the foundations should help get this across the finish line. If they're disinclined to own shares then how about a grant or even a loan? It's not a cure, but it seems like it could really benefit some SCIs.

The sooner this device gets to market the better - assuming that adequate safety factors are in place. Best use(s) should be determined by individuals who have the freedom to experiment with frequency-of-use parameters, and various training protocols and combinations. Then, publicly sharing the results of these personal-case-studies as they unfold would enable efficient honing of strategies for a wider range of conditions and circumstances. The best way, IMO, to benefit the most people in the least amount of time.
    Know Thyself

Timeline update

Neurorecovery Technologies:

I watched video from 11/14/2017 with Dr. Terrafranca..

Below are the notes I took in regards to when this technology may be available.Please update if you have any further information.

The 1st stage of Commercial Engineering started Jan. 2017
    The FDA has granted them expedited pathway which will enable them to bring the product to market sooner.

Begin an FDA trial by 2nd quarter 2018.

Have FDA approval by 4th quarter
    -they can use existing codes
    Physicians prescribing 1Q 2020
    -Because of the need to adjust frequencies, place electrodes etc it will have to be prescribed.

3 years more till internal ready.

Of course, this all depends on funding.

Please provide updates,correction,financing updates if you have any info.

NRT did not get the funding they had thought they would get so the trials here in the US are under funded and delayed. Terrafranca has been working tirelessly to find new funding sources. Perhaps we can find ways to encourage the foundations to get this done already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    NRT did not get the funding they had thought they would get so the trials here in the US are under funded and delayed. Terrafranca has been working tirelessly to find new funding sources. Perhaps we can find ways to encourage the foundations to get this done already.
    Thanks Mize. i thought that was the issue.

NRT or any other SCI treatment will not happen unless we get more investor buy in. It's sad to see good technology not being able to help people because of funding and not the technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    There are people using off the shelf simulators who've gotten some results. AFAIK the NRT waveforms and multiple frequencies, however, aren't replicable on existing simulators. Still doesn't hurt to try just keep away from your heart and hardware. Inadvertently defibrillating yourself would be bad!
    Do you have any documentation in regards to electrode placements, frequencies, etc.

any info would help.

The details are in the paper here:
    https://sci-hub.tw/https://doi.org/1.../neu.2017.5461
    As Mize says you're device won't be able to do them, so you'll just be testing what you have.

I'm a c6 ais C 7 years post injury. Dull sensation everywhere, some core and leg movement, limited hand function with the left being stronger. I just noticed new movement in my ankle last month so I am still regaining new function. I also have an implanted stim device that is connected directly to my muscles, not my spinal cord.

I've been experimenting and trying to replicate this the past 4 days. Using an Empi 300pv stim device on a pre programmed high volt pattern designed to increase circulation. Stim on for 15 sec, off for 5 for an hour a day. I place 1 2x3.5" stim pad horizontal on the back of my neck right below my hair line and the other pad 3-4" below that vertically right on my spine. Using anywhere from 10-20 MA depending how it feels.

On my 3rd day without even trying I noticed I am able to open my left, stronger hand more than before! On my 4th day I feel like my right weaker hand is able to open more than before also! On the downside my spasms have been way worse than normal the past few days. I normally have really tight neck/trap muscles. After doing a session I feel much looser and my neck will crack like it does after getting a massage.
    Last edited by Wills77; 06-19-2018 at 07:27 PM.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2