Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NeuroRecovery Technologies, Inc. CEO presents at Working 2 Walk

In watching the presentation, I almost became afraid that they'd need to blunt the less invasive, more affordable external device so that it wouldn't compete w the potentially more profitable internal one? Something about external one being used for PT and screening? Why wouldn't we just want the less invasive one? Hoping I misunderstood.

What you are suggesting is like a car manufacturer offering two cars, one with the engine management tuned to provide more power and costing more.
    Thats definitely not what they are planning.

Its more down to the amount of connections that people have available. For people with more connections the external may be good enough, for less connections you will need more power (not right word) so having it internal will sort this out.

From a business point of view its easier to build, test, certify and sell an external device. So if it would do the same they would just sell that.

Another question. Loved seeing that they're looking at spasticity in the upcoming clinical trial. Does anyone know whether the pilot showed any help for spasticity?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri View Post
    Another question. Loved seeing that they're looking at spasticity in the upcoming clinical trial. Does anyone know whether the pilot showed any help for spasticity?
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4066429/

training

Grammy--

watching the panel discussion Dr. Terrafranca participated in (now I can't find the link) when discussing the 2 to 3 year timeline the doctor referred to some type of training we can do to better prepare ourselves to take advantage of this.

Do you know there is any specific training he is referring to? are there any general guidelines to follow?

My guess is that he's referring to any general exercise you can get, maybe the use of an FES bike, standing frame etc

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESRRR View Post
    Grammy--

watching the panel discussion Dr. Terrafranca participated in (now I can't find the link) when discussing the 2 to 3 year timeline the doctor referred to some type of training we can do to better prepare ourselves to take advantage of this.

Do you know there is any specific training he is referring to? are there any general guidelines to follow?

My guess is that he's referring to any general exercise you can get, maybe the use of an FES bike, standing frame etc
    I've never read that there's any specific protocol developed to follow as of yet. Mostly people are doing activity based training and general exercise rather than sitting idle. The trials began with participants that had worked out and met their peak (plateau). They were then able to see where the epidural stimulation took them from there on added benefits of having the therapy.

That's very exciting news! Makes 2017 look promising.