Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just about every week, can't get to Care Cure Community

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    I lost this site a couple of days ago, then got it back for a day, then lost it again. I'm not on Facebook either.
    Female, T9 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    I lost this site a couple of days ago, then got it back for a day, then lost it again. I'm not on Facebook either.
    Guess it is just presumed that everyone is on Facebook. Why wasn't the same message that KLD referenced that Jim the administrator posted this weekend posted on this forum? Just "sayin.'"

Here is from yesterday:

Steven Edwards What's happening is that we're getting slammed with traffic, which fills up the disk with logs, so there's no space left on the device.

Options include decreasing the log retention from 48 hours to 4 hours, or possibly even switching over to CloudFlar...See More
    Like ? Reply ? 1 ? Yesterday at 4:01am ? Edited

Remove
    John Baxter what about using a separate drive/partition to store logs and have them dump/written over if they approach the danger point, so it doesn't cause you problems. I have NO idea what kind of setup you use....
    Like ? Reply ? Yesterday at 4:27pm

Write a reply...

Remove
    Steven Edwards We're up. I used some duct tape to temporarily fix my VPN issue.
    Like ? Reply ? 1 ? Yesterday at 4:11am

and early this morning:

Steven Edwards
    ? 14 hrs

The site may be down briefly tomorrow morning as I'm going to test something that may prevent future outages.
    (KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Here is from yesterday:

[/I]and early this morning:

(KLD)

What does any of this mean in English!

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    What does any of this mean in English!
    It means that Steven posted on Facebook early this morning that the site might be down for some work this morning.

I don't know if it was or not...I was not online.

and to expand on what he posted yesterday:

What's happening is that we're getting slammed with traffic, which fills up the disk with logs, so there's no space left on the device.

Options include decreasing the log retention from 48 hours to 4 hours, or possibly even switching over to CloudFlare and dispensing with logs altogether. Being on CloudFlare may cause problems in China, though.

I can't login to fix it right now--the VPN doesn't like me--so I have asked someone at Rutgers to run the necessary commands for me. And they're going to help me fix my VPN issues so the long delays can be eliminated.
    and since I am not an IT person, this information above is Greek to me too. It just means that Steven is on top of the problem and trying to find a way to correct it.

(KLD)

Thanks KLD for doing your best to bring to the Care Cure Community the messages posted on Facebook by admins about internet access issues on Care Cure Community.

I would just ask that admin would keep Care Cure Community members on this site as up to date about these kinds of issues as they are purportedly doing on Facebook, because not all Care Cure Community members are on Facebook too. Perish the thought.

Well, think about it. If this website it down, not even the administrators can access the site, or post about why it is down, or what is being done about it, or when the site might be up again, and of course members cannot get to the site to read such messages either. Meanwhile, the Facebook page is functioning, is frequented by many, many of our members, and can allow the administrators to post information about this site and when it will be up again. Frankly, I don't see what the issue is. Steven and Jim do a great job with what we have available...creating magic is a bit beyond their skills set though!

(KLD)

It works for me

PMTUD or ECN vandalism? This can happen when ICMP and ECN are erroneously dropped.

TCP carries the data, but ICMP is critical network control and required to adapt for differing MTUs.

TCP requires ECN in order to avoid the cliff top failure mode during congestion.

Follow up with your ISP after checking your own machine. It may have some dodgey Winblows firing wall doing the vandalism.

If it's a Winblows PeeCee format, re-install clean and follow ISP's set up.

Well, think about it. If this website it down, not even the administrators can access the site, or post about why it is down, or what is being done about it, or when the site might be up again, and of course members cannot get to the site to read such messages either. Meanwhile, the Facebook page is functioning, is frequented by many, many of our members, and can allow the administrators to post information about this site and when it will be up again. Frankly, I don't see what the issue is. Steven and Jim do a great job with what we have available...creating magic is a bit beyond their skills set though!

(KLD)
    The uptime for this site is remarkable given the amount of traffic and the resources available. In any case a good site is http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ to find out if it is your internet connection or the site.

(KLD)
    I'm not doubting that Steven and Jim do a great job. I also realize that neither admins nor members can access the site to post or read information about the condition of the site when it is down. All I am suggesting is that after an event we get some note of explanation here, i.e., Sorry the site went down yesterday, but ..... It's a courtesy to members.

I do appreciate Jim's announcements of scheduled maintenance down times.
    Last edited by gjnl; 01-05-2017 at 02:50 PM.