Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just about every week, can't get to Care Cure Community

Just about every week, can't get to Care Cure Community

About once a week, at random, not at the same time each week, I can't get on to the Care Cure Community using Firefox or Safari for about 2-3 hours at a time.

Anyone else having this problem?

Is the site regularly down at random, once a week, for some kind of maintenance?

All the best,
    GJ

I asked Jim about this, and he said that since this site is hosted on a Rutgers University server, if their firewall protection system detects an attempt at invasion/hacking, it automatically takes all of the servers off line until it can be sure that the attack is protected against.

(KLD)

Rutgers servers are continually being attacked, it is crazy.

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    My previous 'go to' spot, for a learning disability I have, was also under constant attack. I was friends with Admin, and he had a constant battle. I don't know for sure why he ended the forum, but the spam sure didn't make his job enjoyable.
    Female, T9 incomplete

I haven't experienced the problem you describe GJ.

I thought this was an interesting NPR piece on an experiment to see how long it takes for a computer to get hacked / attacked. I can't imagine the constant vigilance it takes to run a website and appreciate the CC webmasters work.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechc...-can-be-hacked
    Last edited by ChesBay; 12-10-2016 at 07:00 PM. Reason: info

Since Stephen will be working on things tomorrow, just wanted to post the messages I got recently when I couldn't access Care Cure Community.

Trying to access Care Cure Community the afternoon and early evening of Jan 1, 2017,I got as message: “502 Bad Gateway.”

The evening of Jan. 2, 2017, I got a message: “Database error, The database has encountered a problem.”

Are these some of the messages I should get when the site/system has gone down because of the firewall protection system has detected an attempt at invasion/hacking?

I also got the 502 Bad Gateway.
    C5/C6

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004
    Oh, I thought the site got overload on New Years Day, when all the bored people tried to get into the site. I was real bored and tried to get in to post it on the Boring Thread. Couldn't get in. I coulda died.
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Steven just posted about this issue yesterday on the CareCure Facebook page. You may want to check that out.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Steven just posted about this issue yesterday on the CareCure Facebook page. You may want to check that out.

(KLD)
    I'm not on Facebook.