Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gender and Injury Level Displayed

Denver, Colorado USA ---- C5/6 Complete 1985
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I don't know, I am reluctant to share my injury level.
    t8burst: I think that was a joke, right?
    "The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but thought about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is."
    --Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dnvrdave View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was! (The overwhelming majority of us have this info already in our profile. I guess we've reached an age when a single click is considered an inconvenience! )
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by dnvrdave View Post
    I would hope with my username it would be obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was! (The overwhelming majority of us have this info already in our profile. I guess we've reached an age when a single click is considered an inconvenience! )
    Most people don't actually. I tend to check new members as part of being on spam patrol and very few people fill out their profile. Also I have gotten to the point where I don't answer questions unless people put their injury level somewhere. After putting time and thought into answering questions only to be told "oh I don't have SCI, I have (insert something that makes that person feel the need to use a wheelchair but can walk and has full sensation) its not worth the time unless you know your advice is applicable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Most people don't actually. I tend to check new members as part of being on spam patrol and very few people fill out their profile. Also I have gotten to the point where I don't answer questions unless people put their injury level somewhere. After putting time and thought into answering questions only to be told "oh I don't have SCI, I have (insert something that makes that person feel the need to use a wheelchair but can walk and has full sensation) its not worth the time unless you know your advice is applicable.
    Ahhhh. Most folks I interact with seem to have it listed, but I guess that's a pretty limited sample. I hear ya re: non-SCI posters. It is nice to know ahead of time.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus