Thread: Occupational and/or physical rehabilitation programs funded by medicaid

Occupational and/or physical rehabilitation programs funded by medicaid

I was wonderin if anyone knew of any therapy programs that accept Medicaid? I was receivin PT and OT here at home but Medicaid only approved it for a certain amount of visits and i know how to do absolutely nothing . help !

You'll have to check with your insurance company, but most insurance plans switch over at the new year (so like 3 and a half weeks) and you might be able to get approved for more then

Thank you !

Also-
    Contact North Carolina Spinal Cord Injury Association: http://www.ncscia.org/contact_us.html
    There may be someone who knows about volunteer or other available assistance.

Are you talking about an inpatient rehabilitation program or just outpatient PT and OT? How long have you been injured? Are you eligible for Medicare yet? Every state Medicaid program is different as far as how much outpatient therapy they will pay for, where they will fund it, and how many sessions they will fund.

The same goes for inpatient acute rehabilitation programs. Most facilities that provide either inpatient or outpatient rehab/therapy will work with you to submit requests for authorization, and they know whether or not they are approved for Medicaid.

Depending upon what you actually need as far as therapy (maintenance like ROM exercises, functional training with expected increase in your level of independence, cardiovascular conditioning and strengthening, etc.) you may be able to access some adaptive exercise programs in your local community through the Disabled Services division of Parks & Recreation, or through your local community colleges as well.

(KLD)