Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Has anyone recently converted a full-size van with a dropped floor?

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    Is that a "swing away" lift that nobody will install anymore? It was our favorite lift, allowing easy parking access, as someone mentioned here.
    Is this what you all are talking about?
    https://www.braunability.com/interna...ngaway-series/
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Is this what you all are talking about?
    https://www.braunability.com/interna...ngaway-series/
    Do you have to rub it in like that ? Oh how I missed by beloved swing-away! It was regulated away from the US market a decade ago...

It's loss has really changed where I can park -- access to shopping, movies, parks are all much more limited since I can't go solo anymore

I had one of those swing-away lifts for a couple years in a used van. I liked it as well, for the most part, but didn't like the sliding door.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    Is that a "swing away" lift that nobody will install anymore? It was our favorite lift, allowing easy parking access, as someone mentioned here.
    yes
    C-6/7 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    Do you have to rub it in like that ? Oh how I missed by beloved swing-away! It was regulated away from the US market a decade ago...

It's loss has really changed where I can park -- access to shopping, movies, parks are all much more limited since I can't go solo anymore
    I ended buying mine from a Canadian dealer about 8 years ago. It might still be possible. I believe they had to code it as a replacement part, but I don't remember. Anyway, they shipped it to me, then I had an installer (not a Braun dealer) put it into my van.
    C-6/7 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post

Sorry, I'm just learning. It appears on their website, but clicking forward to a USA dealer it is gone. It almost looked like an option. I've seen something that mounts on a motorhome you transfer to and ride up, so this should have been approved.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    I had one of those swing-away lifts for a couple years in a used van. I liked it as well, for the most part, but didn't like the sliding door.
    We don't miss the sliding doors on full size vans a bit.

They were a royal pia especially in the winter.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    We don't miss the sliding doors on full size vans a bit.

They were a royal pia especially in the winter.

Jim
    I just bought a brand new '16 full size Express van with a sliding door. Guess what. I had to take it back the next day to fix the sliding door. Major mistake on my part, I've never had one that worked properly.