Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cures Now Act passes House

Cures Now Act passes House

BREAKING: Game-Changer #CuresNow Passes House*
    Game-Changing Medical Innovation Package Heads to Senate for Consideration
    WASHINGTON, DC ? The U.S. House of Representatives today approved the 21st Century Cures Act by a vote of 392-26.
    ?With today?s overwhelming bipartisan vote, we took a giant leap forward on the #Path2Cures,? said Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-MI) and Rep. Diana DeGette (D-CO), co-authors of the bill. ?21st Century Cures is the innovation game-changer that patients, their loved ones, and the nation?s researchers and scientists so desperately need. The White House has expressed its enthusiastic endorsement of this critical legislation. So it?s now on to the Senate, where we are just one final vote away from delivering #CuresNow.?
    For more information about the 21st Century Cures Act,*

I hope it works out well, but it's not all cupcakes and rainbows. Big pharma spent a half a billion dollars pushing this through Congress because it has huge giveaways to the industry and shields them from massive liabilities. It's also pretty heavily biased towards cancer with a token push on stem cells. I'm cautiously hopeful, but many claim it's just pork barrel politics.

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    BREAKING: Game-Changer #CuresNow Passes House*
    Game-Changing Medical Innovation Package Heads to Senate for Consideration
    WASHINGTON, DC ? The U.S. House of Representatives today approved the 21st Century Cures Act by a vote of 392-26.
    ?With today?s overwhelming bipartisan vote, we took a giant leap forward on the #Path2Cures,? said Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-MI) and Rep. Diana DeGette (D-CO), co-authors of the bill. ?21st Century Cures is the innovation game-changer that patients, their loved ones, and the nation?s researchers and scientists so desperately need. The White House has expressed its enthusiastic endorsement of this critical legislation. So it?s now on to the Senate, where we are just one final vote away from delivering #CuresNow.?
    For more information about the 21st Century Cures Act,*
    Do you remember writhing me this:

It does not stand a snowballs chance in hell of passing in the U.S.. What is the current legislative and funding effort in Italy ? Any promising regenerative efforts. Please don't tell me there is no wealth there because I know better.

see post #6

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...-Century-Cures
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

This was from Grammy:

Thirteen billion dollar pie in the sky dreams like that couldn't even make it out of the starting gate so the subject is a moot point. c473s said it best with "It doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell..." Surely you can get something like this going in Italy to while away your time.

Elizabeth Warren is not very positive about the bill, I hope she is wrong....

https://www.statnews.com/2016/11/28/...century-cures/

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Do you remember writhing me this
    This was from Grammy:

Thirteen billion dollar pie in the sky dreams like that couldn't even make it out of the starting gate so the subject is a moot point. c473s said it best with "It doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell..." Surely you can get something like this going in Italy to while away your time.​​ http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...-Century-Cures

How could we forget such a thing, Paolo? Attempting to use comments taken out of their original thread context doesn't make a valid point for a different one a couple years later on different legislation. Seriously...Take a deep breath and brace yourself for some breaking news...

The 13 billion dollar piece of legislation from April 2014 being discussed in that thread had only passed in the House of Representatives at that time. It went on to FAIL big time in the Senate July 13, 2015 just like we told you the prior month in quoted comments you put in this thread above. Apparently you must have missed the death of that bill in the US Congress an entire year and a half ago! Failed.......

Do you at least remember c473s asking you what the current legislative and funding efforts were in Italy since there is so much wealth there?

How's the effort going?
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 12-08-2016 at 02:04 AM.

This was from Grammy:

Thirteen billion dollar pie in the sky dreams like that couldn't even make it out of the starting gate so the subject is a moot point. c473s said it best with "It doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell..." Surely you can get something like this going in Italy to while away your time.

Different bill and different supporters. I have been to DC on this one. I does contain 2 billion for NIH. If you follow politics at all you may figure out that a good bit of that is for Joe Biden's cancer moon shot. There a lot of nuanced funding in his and it is far different. I give it a nearly 90% shot at being passed and believe Elizabeth Warren wrong. There is a lot of pork which is why it might pass.

How are the efforts in Italy ?

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    Different bill and different supporters. I have been to DC on this one. I does contain 2 billion for NIH. If you follow politics at all you may figure out that a good bit of that is for Joe Biden's cancer moon shot. There a lot of nuanced funding in his and it is far different. I give it a nearly 90% shot at being passed and believe Elizabeth Warren wrong. There is a lot of pork which is why it might pass.

How are the efforts in Italy ?

So you are supporting this because you are involved in it and you rained on the other one because they left you out?

In my opinion one of the reasons SCI research does not have more support is because some people behave as people can see in the thread I quoted rather that keep in mind we are all in the same boat here.

You are an old man in a relevant position.. try to be wiser my friend.

No comment about Grammy.

So you are supporting this because you are involved in it and you rained on the other one because they left you out?

No comment about Grammy.
    This is another fail......
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 12-06-2016 at 07:37 PM.

Blog Entries

In my opinion one of the reasons SCI research does not have more support is because some people behave as people can see in the thread I quoted rather that keep in mind we are all in the same boat here.

No comment about Grammy.
    If you saw support for the bill in c473s post then you are clairvoyant! He said he thought it would pass because it was full of pork (like some people's heads). That doesn't sound like support to me. How are things going with the SCI projects in Italy? It seems like Italy can't seem to keep it's economy running or it's banks open without charitable donations from the World! Maybe if more Italians weren't so damn lazy and participated in solutions rather than sideline sniping Italy wouldn't be in such rough shape?