Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sarah Palin under consideration to head the Veteran's Administration

Big Diomede, which sits in Russian territory, and Little Diomede, which is part of the United States. At their closest, these two islands are a little less than two and a half miles apart, which means that, on a clear day, you can definitely see one from the other

I just read a site about Trump's little 10 year old being a spoiled rotten rich kid. Leave him alone!! Leave Obama's daughters alone!! I am so tired of all the spiteful jabs people take all the time. I have a cousin who continually makes nasty comments about Hillary and Michelle. I have a friend who mocks Trump and Palin, etc. I just wish we could all be mature adults. Rant over.
    Last edited by 47+years; 12-01-2016 at 12:49 AM.

In all fairness, according to Snopes, Today I Found Out, Christian Science Monitor, Quora and other sites, Sarah Palin never said, "I can see Russia from my house." That was Tina Fey in a Saturday Night Live sketch.

Here is the actual exchange with Charlie Gibson that prompted the comedy sketch.

"GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they're doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I'm giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia. We will not repeat a Cold War. We must have good relationship with our allies, pressuring, also, helping us to remind Russia that it's in their benefit, also, a mutually beneficial relationship for us all to be getting along."

All of that aside, what qualifications does she have to run the Veteran's Administration?

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I have no time, someone post her credentials vs the last 2 who held position.
    Sarah Palin:

• BA, Communications/Journalism, University of Idaho, 1986
    • Wasilla, Alaska city council, 1992.
    • Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska in 1996.
    • 9th Governor of Alaska 2006-2009
    • Unsuccessful VP candidate in 2008 election.
    • Speaker, TV show host, and one of the leaders of the Tea Party.

Bob MacDonald (VA Secretary since 2014):

• Graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point in the top 2 percent of the Class of 1975.
    • Served with the 82nd Airborne Division in the Army, and was an Army Ranger.
    • MBA from the University of Utah.
    • Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of The Procter & Gamble Company (P&G), Employed by (P&G) 1980-2013.

Eric Shinseki (VA Secretary from 2009-2014):

• Graduated from Westpoint in 1965.
    • Served two combat tours in Vietnam, awarded 3 Bronze Stars and lost most of his foot in a mine explosion.
    • Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations and Plans, United States Army 1996
    • Commander, NATO operations in Bosnia & Herzegovina, 1997.
    • First USA Asian-American 4 star general.
    • Chief of Staff of the Army, 1999-2003.
    • Retired from the Army, 2003.

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 11-30-2016 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 47+years View Post
    I am so tired of all the spiteful jabs people take all the time. I have a cousin who continually makes nasty comments about Hillary and Michelle. I have a friend who mocks Trump and Palin, etc. I just wish we could all be mature adults. I just read a site about Trump's little 10 year old being a spoiled rotten rich kid. Leave him alone!! Leave Obama's daughters alone!! Rant over.
    Agree 47, but by ANY measure she is unqualified to hold this position.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Sarah Palin:

Wasilla, Alaska city council, 1902.
    Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska in 1996.
    9th Governor of Alaska 2006-2009
    Unsuccessful VP candidate in 2008 election.
    Speaker, TV show host, and one of the leaders of the Tea Party.

Graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point in the top 2 percent of the Class of 1975.
    Served with the 82nd Airborne Division in the Army, and was an Army Ranger.
    MBA from the University of Utah.
    Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of The Procter & Gamble Company (P&G).

Graduated from Westpoint in 1965
    Served two combat tours in Vietnam, awarded 3 Bronze Stars and lost most of his foot in a mine explosion.
    Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations and Plans, United States Army 1996
    Commander, NATO operations in Bosnia & Herzegovina.
    First Asian-American 4 star general.
    Chief of Staff of the Army, 1999-2003.
    Retired from the Army, 2003.
    (KLD)
    Thanks KLD. I saw McDonald in several interviews and was very impressed. His outlook and plans to reform the VA were excellent. Palin would be over her head filling out the paperwork for the position.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Sarah Palin:

• BA, Communications/Journalism, University of Idaho, 1986
    • Wasilla, Alaska city council, 1992.
    • Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska in 1996.
    • 9th Governor of Alaska 2006-2009
    • Unsuccessful VP candidate in 2008 election.
    • Speaker, TV show host, and one of the leaders of the Tea Party.

• Graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point in the top 2 percent of the Class of 1975.
    • Served with the 82nd Airborne Division in the Army, and was an Army Ranger.
    • MBA from the University of Utah.
    • Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of The Procter & Gamble Company (P&G), Employed by (P&G) 1980-2013.

• Graduated from Westpoint in 1965.
    • Served two combat tours in Vietnam, awarded 3 Bronze Stars and lost most of his foot in a mine explosion.
    • Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations and Plans, United States Army 1996
    • Commander, NATO operations in Bosnia & Herzegovina, 1997.
    • First USA Asian-American 4 star general.
    • Chief of Staff of the Army, 1999-2003.
    • Retired from the Army, 2003.

(KLD)
    Nielsen ratings? Please!!!

I'm hoping this is just a "thanks for your support" appointment that she will take as a big honor, then turn it down (as Trump may expect) as she wouldn't want to leave Wasilla for Washington, DC.
    (This appointment can't be serious!)

It's dead serious, haven't you been watching? Next it'll be D.Duke to head dept. of race relations.