Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Question about company that bought Stemcellsinc's intellectual property or whatever

  1. #1
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    1,774

    Question about company that bought Stemcellsinc's intellectual property or whatever

    I forgot that companys name but I remember back when I first heard the news, I remember I went to their website to check them out but they had no mention of Spinal cord injury at the time and I am wondering if anyone knows if they have any future plans for SCI?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I forgot that companys name but I remember back when I first heard the news, I remember I went to their website to check them out but they had no mention of Spinal cord injury at the time and I am wondering if anyone knows if they have any future plans for SCI?

    http://www.biopharma-reporter.com/Markets-Regulations/StemCells-Inc-picked-up-by-Israeli-medical-devices-firm


    https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...Q-as-MBOT.html

    http://www.4-traders.com/STEMCELLS-I...-8-K-23407107/
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 11-30-2016 at 08:19 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    1,774
    yes those articles kinda explain what happened but don't mention what their future plans are to move forward and advance what they got from stemcellsinc and pick up where they left off with their Spinal cord injury trial.
    I was expecting this company to pick up where stemcellsinc left off, like what asterias is doing for geron? Thats what I expected...perhaps its a little too soon to know
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  4. #4
    I would think it's probably way too soon to have definitive plans for the stem cell assets and a public statement ready to go.

  5. #5
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    1,774
    but that company definitely wouldn't acqure Stemcellsinc's assets without having plans for the future right..makes sense to me, I am hoping, just took a shot that you might have a headsup
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    but that company definitely wouldn't acqure Stemcellsinc's assets without having plans for the future right..makes sense to me, I am hoping, just took a shot that you might have a headsup
    The robotic's company could maybe not necessarily be interested in the actual stem cell assets at all but rather the US company designation.

    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?255374-stem-cells-Inc-is-acquired-by-Israeli-firm&p=1808738&viewfull=1#post1808738

  7. #7
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    The robotic's company could maybe not necessarily be interested in the actual stem cell assets at all but rather the US company designation.

    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?255374-stem-cells-Inc-is-acquired-by-Israeli-firm&p=1808738&viewfull=1#post1808738

    Sure hope not, it seemed the original stemcells inc trial for chronic sci had some pretty decent results. Not Gonna lie: it hurt when that study was terminated, I'd take their results on myself and that wasn't even phase 3
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Sure hope not, it seemed the original stemcells inc trial for chronic sci had some pretty decent results. Not Gonna lie: it hurt when that study was terminated, I'd take their results on myself and that wasn't even phase 3
    Who knows...maybe they plan to use microbot for carrying stem cells down the cord. They just need to find a way for the bot to turn back around once it's delivered it's payload.



    http://vimeo.com/132187666

Similar Threads

  1. Stemcellsinc is out ?!
    By lunasicc42 in forum Cure
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-20-2017, 03:20 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2016, 02:00 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 10:41 AM
  4. Advanced Cell Technology Announces Cross License of Intellectual Property with Kirin
    By Wise Young in forum Funding, Legislation, & Advocacy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 02:32 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2002, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •