Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ride Cushion or ROHO Cushion?

SCI Nurse, any feedback on the SofTech cushion from Aquila. I believe the battery is embedded in the cushion and cushion works on alternating air current.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    SCI Nurse, any feedback on the SofTech cushion from Aquila. I believe the battery is embedded in the cushion and cushion works on alternating air current.
    Our evaluation of this cushion was less than satisfactory. It does not completely unweight areas as you can do with the Ride, and alternating pressure cushions (on beds or wheelchairs) are based on questionable rational and science.

(KLD)

''Less than satisfactory'' You put things diplomatically. I can't say enough about the cushion or the people---none of it good. Mine went into landfill so it would never be sold again, One sucker is enough. Also agree that the idea doesn't work on beds.

Love my Ride cushion. Had it for over 10 years now with no problems. My stability and posture are also 100% better. I was on a gel cushion for about the first 5 years, then a roho for about 3 years. I noticed I was starting to slouch really bad and didnt want to anymore. Was introduced to my Ride and never looked back. It was scary at first because it seems so hard when you touch it. You just want to make sure you use someone who is certified and knows what they are doing.