Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Apparelyzed Members!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I agree it would be helpful to see the injury level in the information below the avatar. That said, it would be helpful if members would at least post that information in their profiles. When I check profiles, I don't find injury level indicated with great frequency.

All the best,
    GJ
    A lot of people posting here don't have SCI.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    If they don't have a SCI/D then it would be possible to have them prompted to enter what their disability is (such as stroke, amputation, etc. etc.). MS is included in SCI/D(iseases), as is TM, HSP, and ALS.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Understood. Then it would be helpful to know what other pertinent disease or medical condition a person has and be able to take that into consideration when reading posts. In addition it would be helpful to know if a person is a caregiver or family/friend of a person with a spinal cord injury or other pertinent disease or medical condition. By the way, there is a "Members Forum" for Caregivers at http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/forumdi...regivers-Forum. Caregivers need to contact the administer Jim (http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/member.php?2029-Jim) to gain access to this forum.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 12-01-2016 at 03:37 PM.

I agree with above strongly! We spinals ought to know where posters are coming from. It would increase intimacy and free up some conversants.

And regarding the Aparrelyzed community, it might serve all to give these homeless crips a pertinent forum or thread with a banner where CC opens directing new arrivals to this safe neighborhood where they can comfortably mingle with their old friends and new neighbors (us) before venturing out exploring all the new and mysterious areas to be found here.
    In fact, IMO the situation demands such a warm courtesy from this site!

Would someone who can be "cause in the matter" please do this?

Thank you pf , we will start being involved more I am sure, we need to mingle and seen your group. I don't think posting your level should be mandatory, but it sure helps when giving advice to someone else to know they are in similar area. I would never give a c anything, advise being I am a t12. like people are best sharing information with like people. We have all lost friends, trying to message them but most probably are not returning to the site to see messages posted. I too wish Simon would have given us a little time to communicate before closing.

I joined both Apparelyzed and here within a day or so of the other. We've fled here many times when Apparelyzed has been down for maintenance. Many of us know each other across a few sites. I'm friends with some of the same people here that I was friends with at Appz.

As a long time member there, I can say there was no rampant negativity, there was no slander, there was no malice, there was just a point where our esteemed Boss decided to call it quits. It wasn't done to hurt anyone, it wasn't done out of spite, or with anger. As much as all of us are missing our friends can you imagine what he's personally feeling at the loss of something he created and grew from nothing to the fullness that it was. For us it was an ending of one place with lots of friends. For him, it is the ending of over a decade of his life's work. He poured his time, energy and finances into that site as a labor of love for all of us to enjoy. He shaped it through many years of evolutions. I spent five fantastic years there. We enjoyed it for many years and will mourn its loss. I am also supporting my friend in the death of his creation.
    CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I agree. Have requested this often but administrators including Dr. Young have not wanted to require this. Having this a mandatory field would also help screen out spam registrations, since most likely they won't have a clue what to fill in (with it being a free-text box).

(KLD)
    it is an easy template edit of postbit and postbit_legacy to add custom information fields. And I am sure that there are a number of plugins on the vbulletin modifications website to limit spam registration plus facilities in vb for banning ip addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderthistle View Post
    I joined both Apparelyzed and here within a day or so of the other. We've fled here many times when Apparelyzed has been down for maintenance. Many of us know each other across a few sites. I'm friends with some of the same people here that I was friends with at Appz.

As a long time member there, I can say there was no rampant negativity, there was no slander, there was no malice, there was just a point where our esteemed Boss decided to call it quits. It wasn't done to hurt anyone, it wasn't done out of spite, or with anger. As much as all of us are missing our friends can you imagine what he's personally feeling at the loss of something he created and grew from nothing to the fullness that it was. For us it was an ending of one place with lots of friends. For him, it is the ending of over a decade of his life's work. He poured his time, energy and finances into that site as a labor of love for all of us to enjoy. He shaped it through many years of evolutions. I spent five fantastic years there. We enjoyed it for many years and will mourn its loss. I am also supporting my friend in the death of his creation.
    Well said!!!!

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    A member here asked if we could have a field where we state our injury level.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I agree. Have requested this often but administrators including Dr. Young have not wanted to require this. Having this a mandatory field would also help screen out spam registrations, since most likely they won't have a clue what to fill in (with it being a free-text box).

(KLD)
    This is true, SCI-Nurse! There once was a spammer on Apparelyzed who listed her injury level as (something like) "1", with no further explanation. And her avatar photo showed this lovely, graceful, model-type with long blonde hair, in a professional photographer-type pose. I asked her (I admit) facetiously if her avatar photo was taken pre-injury. I couldn't resist. And yes, Simon soon found the post and banned her. I tried to find it just now on Apparelyzed, but couldn't.

Blog Entries
    Requiring someone to divulge (or deny) a medical diagnosis in order to register is a bad idea, IMO. Having the field available, as we do, for those who want to share the information, is plenty.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments