Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Apparelyzed Members!

It appears that the Apparelyzed forum is already closed to any further postings, so individually, we can't encourage their membership to start posting here. I know the Care Cure Community forum has had it's difficulties in recent years, but in the main the Care Cure Community has become a much more welcoming and inclusive forum, with a whole lot less drama and cliques, since the problems with the V-bulletin update. That said, I am hopeful that the Apparelyzed members will take another look at Care Cure and I hope that members and moderators alike will welcome them.

All the best,
    GJNL

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    It appears that the Apparelyzed forum is already closed to any further postings, so individually, we can't encourage their membership to start posting here. I know the Care Cure Community forum has had it's difficulties in recent years, but in the main the Care Cure Community has become a much more welcoming and inclusive forum, with a whole lot less drama and cliques, since the problems with the V-bulletin update. That said, I am hopeful that the Apparelyzed members will take another look at Care Cure and I hope that members and moderators alike will welcome them.

All the best,
    GJNL
    We're at a very interesting point in time. A complete cure is probably going to be a little longer than 5 years off but incremental progress is being made in so many ways and on so man fronts that I can really see our plights becoming more doable. Several hundred thousand members on this site coming together and constructively moving things forward could create a tremendous force that would inspire others to get behind us creating even more positive momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    A complete cure is probably going to be a little longer than 5 years off
    From your mouth . . .

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    From your mouth . . .
    Okay, I probably should have said, "Since a cure is....".

And yes I was being facetious with that 5 years + a little more time, claim. I just hate saying we'll have a cure in 5 years.

I got the crap beat out of me by one member on Apparalyzed. I only visited a few times after that. This guy was a real dick!

Like Lavendar Lady, I too am a refuge from apparelyzed. The group helped me tremendously as I was foundering during my first couple of years but I have not been very active in the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Outwister View Post
    Like Lavendar Lady, I too am a refuge from apparelyzed. The group helped me tremendously as I was foundering during my first couple of years but I have not been very active in the last year.
    Glad to meet you.
    As a wife and caregiver, there are many days when I'm still floundering.
    CareCure has been a lifeline.

Reaching out to all Caregivers from the Apparelyzed forum. Care Cure Community has a Caregiver forum at: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/forumdi...regivers-Forum

It used to be a fairly active forum, but not so much recently. Any Caregivers from Apparelyed are welcome to join this forum. I'd love to see more activity and welcome any and all caregivers to share here.

NL
    GJ's wife and caregiver

Quote Originally Posted by Mombo View Post
    I got the crap beat out of me by one member on Apparalyzed. I only visited a few times after that. This guy was a real dick!
    Unusual that!! As other members would have stepped in for a more balanced thread!!

Anyway .... Yes. I'm also another Apprelysed member whose joined!!

Hello everyone!

It is really strange but I feel as though I have lost friends with the closure of The Apparelyzed Forum!!

Hello from another orphaned Apparelyzed member. I'm one of the best friends and sometimes carer of a SCI. Had it not been for Apparelyzed and the grand folks there, we would have been stumbling around in the dark about the proper equipment, wound cause/care, AD . . . the whole works.

I am very sad for the friends I met there, many of whom have little or no functionality and will soon loose the day to day contact with the outside world. Care Cure appears to be an amazing site, but huge, so very daunting. There is a very small forum that has a "chat" function, enabling the friends I'm referring to contact with their forum buddies and family. The bugs are still being worked out for chat mobile users, but that should be sorted out soon.

Other Apparelyzed orphans, do check it out. Need a little patience while they ramp up, but the Admin is a sharp young buck, and he's got a couple of mods that aren't too shabby.

http://inspiredsciforum.com/