Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Apparelyzed Members!

Welcome Grunt, dig the avatar.

Reasons....

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrig View Post
    He said it's not Health related! So anyone's guess. I to wish him well.

No twilling to transfer, not health related,not willing to sell, maybe legal issues...law suit???

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Well... Hello everyone. I am also a bit of an orphaned lurker from Apparelyzed. I've lurked here, too, for many years, but never joined 'til now.

As others have mentioned in this thread, I didn't want to lose all that valuable information on Apparelyzed that I have learned so much from, and used so often. Just like CareCure. Anyway, I downloaded the website before it went down. I got most, if not all, of it (no way to tell now). I have it on a hard drive, and it works just fine, forums and all. Read-only, of course. Not sure what to do with it, or what can be done legally and what all. Just seems like such a waste to not be able to re-establish it somehow...

I was putzing around it earlier, and figured I should go ahead and post here, just in case someone here might have some ideas.

Cheers,
    Grunt (I know, I know. But all the good handles are already taken...)
    How did you download it and I don't understand how you can see threads as they are queries of a Mysql database. The data wouldn't download from a website it is stored in that database which is hidden.

HTTrack

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    How did you download it and I don't understand how you can see threads as they are queries of a Mysql database. The data wouldn't download from a website it is stored in that database which is hidden.
    I'm not much of a techie, so I don't really get all of your question. I'm a just-dive-right-in kamikaze style user. I use HTTrack. Download websites all the time for off-line use. the way I understand it is: anything that is served can be saved. Makes sense to me, as your computer has to actually receive the files it's displaying. Pretty sure that's how you end up with a browser cache full of recent web pages and content and schtuff. The downloaded forums are saved one folder per topic with .html files. Links from outside websites, like pics on photobucket or wherever, are saved in separate nested folders matching the link path. But all the links are somehow made relative to the stored location. No clue how. But I can move the entire website to any drive and still navigate. pages are displayed as "file:/// " local file addresses. Like this: "file:///M:/My%20Web%20Sites/Apparelyzed/www.apparelyzed.com/index.html".

The apparelyzed site is about 4 GB, 55,909 files in 13,726 folders. Mostly forums. Don't know if I got it all, but haven't hit any doldrums yet.

Hope this makes sense. I usually don't...

Disclaimer: PUI

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    Sooo... Ima gonna try this again. I posted a reply about three days ago, but it said “awaiting moderation” or some such. (I guess those guys must know me...)

I use HTTrack. Download websites all the time for off-line. I’m not real tech-savvy, but the way I understand it is anything that’s served can be saved. The forums are saved each topic in a separate folder full of .html files. The external links and pics and schtuff are saved in nested folders that match the link path. All the files and links are made relative – beats me how, but I can move the whole shebang to a different location or drive, and it still navigates - as local file (file:///) addresses. So the home page for Apparezlyed is like: [file:///N:/MyWebSites/Apparelyzed/www.apparelyzed.com/index.html]. You can open any file and just start surfing from whatever page. But Vulcans always start with the index.

Apparelyzed website is about 4GB - 55,909 files in 13,726 folders. Don’t know if I got it all before it went dark, but I haven’t hit any black holes yet (haven’t really tried to either). There are a lot of empty folder nests. I think those are probably bad or expired or 404 external links.

Hope that makes sense.

I rarely do.

Grunt

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Sooo... Ima gonna try this again. I posted a reply about three days ago, but it said “awaiting moderation” or some such. (I guess those guys must know me...)

I use HTTrack. Download websites all the time for off-line. I’m not real tech-savvy, but the way I understand it is anything that’s served can be saved. The forums are saved each topic in a separate folder full of .html files. The external links and pics and schtuff are saved in nested folders that match the link path. All the files and links are made relative – beats me how, but I can move the whole shebang to a different location or drive, and it still navigates - as local file (file:///) addresses. So the home page for Apparezlyed is like: [file:///N:/MyWebSites/Apparelyzed/www.apparelyzed.com/index.html]. You can open any file and just start surfing from whatever page. But Vulcans always start with the index.

Apparelyzed website is about 4GB - 55,909 files in 13,726 folders. Don’t know if I got it all before it went dark, but I haven’t hit any black holes yet (haven’t really tried to either). There are a lot of empty folder nests. I think those are probably bad or expired or 404 external links.

Hope that makes sense.

I rarely do.

Grunt
    It makes sense, I didn't know of HTTrack.

can you type it all out on here please forgot some of it lol

I often feel trapped ? mustn't chew off my paw, under any circumstances!

I've missed some of the people from apparalyzed, but I'm fed up with trying to prove I am human to a machine!

And that's another thing, I could never remember how apparelyzed, was spelled, so I thought it was me, getting old and/or crazy for the last couple of months. But when I start thinking everybody and the world has gone crazy (which does seem true) a very distant alarm can be heard in my brain, repeating, "it's you ".

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Pike View Post
    I've missed some of the people from apparalyzed, but I'm fed up with trying to prove I am human to a machine!

And that's another thing, I could never remember how apparelyzed, was spelled, so I thought it was me, getting old and/or crazy for the last couple of months. But when I start thinking everybody and the world has gone crazy (which does seem true) a very distant alarm can be heard in my brain, repeating, "it's you ".
    Regardless of your current sanity (or lack thereof) welcome to that other SCI forum.

Hi! I was mostly a lurker on apparalyzed but had joined and then went on a net break for a while. Came back today to discover it gone and found this site and this thread!