Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Apparelyzed Members!

Sydney, Australia ..................... C5/6 Walker
    Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    Im from "the other side" as well
    Howdy nobby

Another App regular reader, and occasional poster. I have been a member here for a long time too but less active, as App did tend to have more UK related content - or did in my perception.

I, too, miss the other forum. I'd been working a lot of overtime recently, and didn't visit the forum as frequently. I had no idea it had closed until school closed for Christmas break. I've visited this forum in the past but felt more comfortable posting on the other. Oh well, things change and life goes on. Personally, I'm very, very thankful that there are forums like these. They really helped me cope with my husband's injury.

Too bad the owner never archived the website. It would be nice to have a copy of all that valuable information. I wonder if you can still do that after it has been taken down?

I too am a long time Apparalyzed user popping over to say Hello old friends from Apparalyzed and new folks here at CareCure. I am not sure how to attach a disclaimer to my profile but those that know me can attest that I often communicate in my native language (sarcasm) and refer to common English as my second language.

Also, like Edlee, I can occasionally be "quirky" or off-putting, however we both have good intentions and our posts are mostly well meaning.

Hopefully most will find my posts amusing and/or informative.

Cheers all,

Welcome to CC, Jimmay.

Quote Originally Posted by skoalongcut View Post
    Too bad the owner never archived the website. It would be nice to have a copy of all that valuable information. I wonder if you can still do that after it has been taken down?
    It would have been very useful have and I tried to use the Internet Time Machine to go back but sadly the site wasn't indexed so we can't even access it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmay View Post
    I too am a long time Apparalyzed user popping over to say Hello old friends from Apparalyzed and new folks here at CareCure. I am not sure how to attach a disclaimer to my profile but those that know me can attest that I often communicate in my native language (sarcasm) and refer to common English as my second language.

Also, like Edlee, I can occasionally be "quirky" or off-putting, however we both have good intentions and our posts are mostly well meaning.

Hopefully most will find my posts amusing and/or informative.

Cheers all,

I think all of us can be "quirky or off putting" at sometime or another...it is just part of our charm. That said, you won't have to guess if you come across too quirky or off putting. This lot can be kinda rough when they don't agree with what you say and/or how you say it. Roll with the punches.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 01-10-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Well... Hello everyone. I am also a bit of an orphaned lurker from Apparelyzed. I've lurked here, too, for many years, but never joined 'til now.

As others have mentioned in this thread, I didn't want to lose all that valuable information on Apparelyzed that I have learned so much from, and used so often. Just like CareCure. Anyway, I downloaded the website before it went down. I got most, if not all, of it (no way to tell now). I have it on a hard drive, and it works just fine, forums and all. Read-only, of course. Not sure what to do with it, or what can be done legally and what all. Just seems like such a waste to not be able to re-establish it somehow...

I was putzing around it earlier, and figured I should go ahead and post here, just in case someone here might have some ideas.

Cheers,
    Grunt (I know, I know. But all the good handles are already taken...)

Hi Grunt, welcome!