Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Apparelyzed Members!

I left for a 19 day Panama Canal cruise and returned to the stunning news of the end of apparelyzed. I joined Care Cure and Apparelyzed at the same time, but over the years found apparelyzed easier to use and more welcoming, especially after the update.

I'm glad to see some of my Apparelyzed friends here. Both forums were lifesavers for me when I was newly injured. I am grateful to Simon for the time he provided us all the Apparelyzed forum. I hope some of the valuable information from that site can be salvaged. I hope all is well with him.

I thank the Care Cure community for welcoming members from Apparelyzed

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    Hi annie! They have enlarged the Panama Canal, haven't they? Do they still sell those pretty hair ornaments made from Sea Bass Scales? (Corvina)
    Female, T9 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by 47+years View Post
    Well said!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Hi annie! They have enlarged the Panama Canal, haven't they? Do they still sell those pretty hair ornaments made from Sea Bass Scales? (Corvina)
    Hi, yes, there's another set of locks for mega ships. Yes on hair ornaments. I've been hyperventilating since I learned of the Apparelyzed shut down. I'm calmer now that I see some friends here.

It's good to see you, too, Annie. It would make quite an entertaining video if we were to have a collection of short clips showing each of our faces as we read, for the first time, the notice that Apparelyzed was shutting down. The video of us would probably "go viral",..."Watch these people's faces as they learn that their whole cyber-world "city" is destined for demolition!"
    Female, T9 incomplete

Welcome back Annie!! Sorry about the sad welcome home news. All is ok with Simon. I too am very grateful for all he did. I've sent him my heartfelt thanks.

I too have been here for years. This place will begin to feel like home as we lend our voices.
    CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Love that vintage. Apparelyzed had been the only forum I have ever been on. the information I read kept me going. I had looked for a support Group when I was injured. could not even a general doctor who knew a little about sci. my clinic did not even had a exam table i could get on. they took me to the exray room to do my pap and breast exam. I had been talking to people prior to this. so the day of my exam and when the doctor saw what had to be done for a simple exam. she was passed . a week later I got a call from the administration saying they were transferring a table with the month. I have not needed to go in so just do not know if it happened. the forum became my amazing support group at any hour of the day. it truly was my life LINE. I think it will be the same here. just that it us a bit harder to use, and the thing that you have no idea what level the person is at, saw one on a person getting a power chair and wanted advise. I am t 11.12 but I had no idea on advice for this person. I recall someone venting about something and they were a para,posting in the quad area and the quads were a bit upset, stating they should be happy being a para and we can do. I became very careful on posting to make sure I was talking with other para. I truly thank God that I am a para, my neck should have gone, the stenosis in my neck saved me. I am grateful for these sites and would tell all my old doctors and nurses about it. I hope we are not being a pain for asking about changes to this site, making them change for us but I think the simple area where a person can say what their level is if they want. glad to see you Annie. I just noticed at the bottom of this page it shows simular threads, will have to check that out

Hello again, lavender lady. Yes, my doctor sent me to a clinic close to his office for an ultra-sound. I arrived and started checking out the place,...imagining that it was my new 'digs'. Then came the moment when I was urshered into the examination room and had to ask if they have a Hoyer lift. Nope. So, two good-looking young men hoisted me up to the examination table and back off again after the scan. And then I was told that that was my first and last appointment there,...that I will have to go to the hospital for any other test that requires me to get up on a table.

I learned so much from others on Apparelyzed, too. Now we have to learn new software and how to find the Threads that we want to follow. Sigh. We'll figure it out.
    Female, T9 incomplete

"Sigh. We'll figure it out."

My hunch is you'll stir things up around here (improvements) and I'll stop going to the "politics"
    well where the angry hang out.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderthistle View Post
    I joined both Apparelyzed and here within a day or so of the other. We've fled here many times when Apparelyzed has been down for maintenance. Many of us know each other across a few sites. I'm friends with some of the same people here that I was friends with at Appz.

As a long time member there, I can say there was no rampant negativity, there was no slander, there was no malice, there was just a point where our esteemed Boss decided to call it quits. It wasn't done to hurt anyone, it wasn't done out of spite, or with anger. As much as all of us are missing our friends can you imagine what he's personally feeling at the loss of something he created and grew from nothing to the fullness that it was. For us it was an ending of one place with lots of friends. For him, it is the ending of over a decade of his life's work. He poured his time, energy and finances into that site as a labor of love for all of us to enjoy. He shaped it through many years of evolutions. I spent five fantastic years there. We enjoyed it for many years and will mourn its loss. I am also supporting my friend in the death of his creation.
    1000x this! By the way, I was Priscilla back at Apparelyzed because of an error of my username (I wanted outwister all along and finally have it): complete and total operator error.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    And then I was told that that was my first and last appointment there,...that I will have to go to the hospital for any other test that requires me to get up on a table.
    This is a violation of the ADA. You should talk to this provider and provide them a copy of the (fairly new) ADA regulations related to medical facilities. If they don't want to comply still, you can file an official DOJ complaint against them, and the practice can be fined and made to comply with the regulations. Advocate for yourself as well as others with mobility disabilities who are being deprived equal care by this illegal practice!

https://www.ada.gov/medcare_mobility_ta/medcare_ta.htm

https://adata.org/factsheet/accessible-health-care

https://www.wvdhhr.org/wvcdhh/direct...althCarPro.pdf

(KLD)