Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Apparelyzed Members!

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    On Apparelyzed, sometimes a member would comment on one of my posts and, somewhere in his/her post, would thank me for the information. Rather than writing another post that would have said, "You're welcome", I would just click the "like" button on his/her post. That way, the poster knew I'd gotten the message.

Speaking of thanks or thumbs up. thank you for the welcome and new thread name. I know we are asking for some changes. most of us just want to have a better idea of who we are talking to. me being a lower t 11.12 would be so wrong in trying to give advise to a quad or someone a good deal higher up, as well as being a female and discussing cathing or sex. you can tell some by their name but not all. I remember someone upset by people giving quads advise or just simple complaining about what someone like me being a low injury may be dealing with. simple advise someone left was, every person here who was paralyzed is going through the biggest life change for them no matter the level. on threads marked quads I simply stayed out of since I could not give them any true help.

As a member of both sites through a few evolutions of each, I can say that both sites have their ups and downs. For the brand new people from Apparelyzed the format looks scary and new. For the CareCure members who joined Apparelyzed our old site looked confusing to them too. We just need to take some time, take a few deep breaths and center ourselves. I normally post in the Central Cord Thread, because that's where I feel most comfortable posting. If you search your level or condition many threads will pop up and with it, many potential friends.

I first met Ketamine Kitty here and kidnapped him for Apparelyzed. I asked Lynnifer here to join up on Appz to help out a fellow Canadian who was having a hard time.

This site is only arranged differently. The same friends and same type of friends are here. Many of the games we played on Appz are the games from here that our members borrowed and brought to Apparelyzed. Good ideas do get assimilated into other websites and they evolve. Maybe in time this will feel more like home to some of you.

In the meantime find out who the mods are, meet the sci nurses, ask for some guidance around the site and see if there's a welcome wagon to guide you to people, mentors or threads.

I think like 99% of you knew knew I was really bossy over at appz too and not good at all at keeping my opinion to myself.....that has not changed
    CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004
    It feels like I should say something witty or sarcastic, but nothing comes to mind. (See, on Apparelyzed there was a "Boring Thread" where this would have been an appropriate post).
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

I notice the "signature" does not appear in the post.
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

I added my injury level and date to my "Location".
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Thanks, lavender thistle, I needed that. Oh, I also added my age, more or less, and gender to my "location".
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Good to see the new members AND more info!

Although I don't see how to get my injury level under the avatar! Help!!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Go to your profile, then "about", and then edit your location. It's a free fill field and can hold a couple of lines.
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete