Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Apparelyzed Members!

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    Thanks sci-nurse. I'll read up on it. But the truth is that I suffered so much in nursing homes,...couldn't get out to move home, couldn't get enough fresh fruit, couldn't get the bowel support I needed, wasn't allowed to have my herbal remedies, couldn't have a nail clipper or a paring knife for peeling an apple (well, I hid them),...to the point that other "rights", like getting a clinic to get a Hoyer lift, pale into insignificance. Making sure that I don't get put back into a nursing home is my priority.
    Female, T9 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Outwister View Post
    1000x this! By the way, I was Priscilla back at Apparelyzed because of an error of my username (I wanted outwister all along and finally have it): complete and total operator error.

Outwisher!!! Hey you looks like we're finding each other just fine. All will be ok here, because we're all still friends and we're still among friends they're just new friends we haven't met yet. Some members here were actually at appz years ago and came here instead. So we're kind of reuniting with old friends too.
    CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Well, it looks like some members of the other site have brought their bullshit spam with them so for all the new members that don't want to see their posts or pm's simply go to their user profile by clicking on their name, left hand side of page, near the top and click add to ignore list, job done you don't see anything they post or pm again. Hopefully the admins here will recognise the dangers of her action and do what is needed..

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    Well, it looks like some members of the other site have brought their bullshit spam with them so for all the new members that don't want to see their posts or pm's simply go to their user profile by clicking on their name, left hand side of page, near the top and click add to ignore list, job done you don't see anything they post or pm again. Hopefully the admins here will recognise the dangers of her action and do what is needed..

Eh?? As in Apparelysed "members of the other site"?!?!?

Really shocked and saddened to hear that the site is closing. If it's not health issue it must be a time issue - it must have been a big commitment to run that site. However, why not take people up on the offers to buy or transfer the place and keep it open?

Just signed in and found info that I couldn't get on ' the other site'

Yes, she used to post some shit there now using pm's with no previous chat. I use a different name over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    We're at a very interesting point in time. A complete cure is probably going to be a little longer than 5 years off but incremental progress is being made in so many ways and on so man fronts that I can really see our plights becoming more doable. Several hundred thousand members on this site coming together and constructively moving things forward could create a tremendous force that would inspire others to get behind us creating even more positive momentum.
    my friend this is the spinal cord injury community, you're not going to find that kind of effort in masses. That's just the sad reality, there seems to be more effort to stay in the chair and people forget that spinal cord injury is a very vague term and they get caught in their own circumstance thinking that that's how it must be for everyone else; also forget ( or choose not to think about) to realize that it affects numerous people every single day spreading like a virus, leaving many without even an ounce of freedom in their life and riddled with secondary complications and other illnesses regardless of Youth and or preventative effort. Nonetheless A noble goal and the only way to truly fight the disability that is much bigger than any one individual or even group, feel free to message me should you have any ideas I'd be happy to help and communicate my own.
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 12-14-2016 at 09:12 AM.

Sydney, Australia ..................... C5/6 Walker
    Hi everyone, I'm another Apparelysed settler here....even though I joined here a few years ago, I (like many others) used the other site. Reading through this thread, its nice to see many others have migrated here also

Im from "the other side" as well