Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Apparelyzed Members!

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete

Welcome Apparelyzed Members!

Is this for real ?

Anybody have any details ?

It seemed to be running so well !!

http://www.apparelyzed.com/forums/to...forum-closure/

I know this will be a shock to many members, but after much thought the decision has been made to close the forum on the 19th December 2016.
    Because this decision is final and there may be information you want to keep, the boards will remain in a read-only state from now, after the above date they will be taken down. The personal messaging function will remain to allow members to exchange contact details until shut down. No new registrations will be accepted.

Forums come and go on the internet, and I'm sure someone will put another one together to fill the void that Apparelyzed leaves.

The forum has been a great way for those with a spinal cord injury to support each other, and has shown the caring nature members have and their willingness to give advice to others in similar situations.
    Last edited by Jim; 12-05-2016 at 12:17 PM.

I too am shocked by this. I would love to know if anyone has more info.

yeah i was going to ask but cant reply :/ i was thinking it was an april fool but its november :P or something along those lines, shame really i cant understand why.

Wow. I wonder what behind the scenes stuff led to this. Quite frankly this is a huge loss. We would be wise to duplicate some of the resources available at apparalyzed before the final take down.

Terrible loss.

I wish there were some way to preserve the read-only information after the take-down date.

I wonder if the owner would allow someone else to take over hosting etc?
    Does anyone know how to reach the current owner?

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I wonder if the owner would allow someone else to take over hosting etc?
    Does anyone know how to reach the current owner?
    Believe he is a member here: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/member....75-Apparelyzed

(KLD)

Thanks KLD. I've PM'd here and on Apparelyzed.

If you take a step back and think about it, websites can turn so negative that they can't be turned around. One way to stop the madness is to end them (to remind folks that they're out of control) or do an "upgrade" that significantly impairs the functionality so much so that negative momentum is hard to sustain (my hypothesis for what happened with this site's upgrade several years ago).

The website for my niche profession has countered negative momentum by loading it up with moderators that match every single negative post with 5 or so positive ones (it is totally obvious that this is the strategy). They used to just delete negative posts but they were deleting so much that the site was becoming useless. When posters get really out of line they contact their employer and share their username and posts with them.

I hadn't noticed anything like that at Apparelyzed, but I haven't visited as often the last few weeks.