Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Apparelyzed Members!

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Have requested this (a required field stating level of injury) often but *administrators including Dr. Young have not wanted to require this.
    (KLD)
    Why don't *they want to require this?

A lot of members have filled out that field in their profiles, but if you want to know that information, you have to go to the profile, an extra step. It would be more convenient to have that information appear under the avatar (required or not).

The information appearing under the avatar could look something like this - see below (go to Apparalyzed website to see how that site handled this issue: http://www.apparelyzed.com/forums/to...-cord-injured/).

All the best,
    GJ
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gjnl; 12-03-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    On Apparelyzed, the injury level field was visible below the avatar. This was convenient because, at a quick glance, we could give appropiate support in response to a question. And sometimes, if we saw that the new member was a high quad, someone would arrange to quickly put that person in contact with another, experienced, high quad. However, N/A was also an acceptable response if someone didn't want to enter an injury level. Researchers, for example, might put N/A.

P.S. gjnl, I didn't see your post until after I'd posted mine. Great minds...
    And while we're at it, I like for the gender of who I'm talking to appear beneath their avatar,...if the member is agreeable to providing that information. It's reassuring, when getting advice on cathing, to know that I'm talking to someone with my same anatomy.

Whoops! My photo is enormous. I don't know how to make it smaller. This was "me".
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Vintage; 12-03-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Hey Vintage, thanks for posting that.

All the best,
    GJ

I, too, appreciate knowing what a person is dealing with before replying to a post. I have SCI due to MS, but while some SCI issues are the the same regardless of cause, others aren't. I don't like to butt in where I have no experience with specific issues. To make it easier for other members to know what level/type SCI we have, many of us currently put that information in our signatures - but I think it would be nice for it to appear under the avatar, as gjnl and Vintage have suggested. I agree with Vintage that gender is often pertinent to threads and posts, too.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    I agree with above strongly! We spinals ought to know where posters are coming from. It would increase intimacy and free up some conversants.

And regarding the Aparrelyzed community, it might serve all to give these homeless crips a pertinent forum or thread with a banner where CC opens directing new arrivals to this safe neighborhood where they can comfortably mingle with their old friends and new neighbors (us) before venturing out exploring all the new and mysterious areas to be found here.
    In fact, IMO the situation demands such a warm courtesy from this site!

Would someone who can be "cause in the matter" please do this?
    Everybody so far has failed to notice that my major wish was that a place for Apparalyzed immigrants to land be created, whether a stickied thread or a forum, that would be a nexus for them to join this community!

And, regarding the injury level: it shouldn't be a requirement but it should be a highly recommended suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Everybody so far has failed to notice that my major wish was that a place for Apparalyzed immigrants to land be created, whether a stickied thread or a forum, that would be a nexus for them to join this community!
    This thread has been made a sticky thread in the Announcements and Feedback forum. It is just my guess, but this may be in response to your suggestion. Granted it isn't exactly what you requested.

All the best,
    GJ

Hi vintage glad to see you over here, had to change my name a bit I had been just lavender before

I asked our tech Admin to add the injury level/CNS disorder field. Rather than start a new thread, sent a message to the original poster of this thread asking if I can change the title to, Welcome friends from Apparalyzed. I made it a sticky the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I asked our tech Admin to add the injury level/CNS disorder field. Rather than start a new thread, sent a message to the original poster of this thread asking if I can change the title to, Welcome friends from Apparalyzed. I made it a sticky the other day.
    Great! Many thanks, Jim.

All the best,
    GJ

Any chance a like, thumbs up icon