Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colours Wheelchairs rips me--I should have known better dealing with them.

Yes Sir ... it's a struggle, we need every penny, our daily living and functions are far different from those that don't have to deal with the lifestyle that we live in. They don't seem to care or think that we need every dime for any and everything that we need done in our daily living.

Sportaid contacted me a little while ago and informed me they were trying to get a hold of someone from Colours to find out what happened. The last communication Sportaid had was that they would ship the chair once they had the compact lock in. Sportaid didn't know the chair had shipped or why the packing list would have the compact wheel locks included when they actually weren't. The reps best guess without speaking to Colours, was that maybe they would ship the wheel locks at a later date, but she couldn't understand why they would include them on a packing list. She asked if I still wanted the locks or a credit to my account sent, and I took the credit as I really don't want to deal with Colours any longer.

I would hope that one day these businesses (Colours, Numotion, and Edgepark Medical especially) that cater to the disabled community would actually treat us fairly as customers and give us the customer service they tout rather than blowing us off or simply giving us what they want us to have as opposed to what we actually need or paid for timely--once they've reeled us in. One can only hope, but it ain't lookin' good right now....

How did you pay for the chair? If it was credit card call your company and they should help you. If it was by check, call the bank and put a stop on the payment. Stop payment could cost you something, so check on that.

[QUOTE=baldfatdad;1816052]How did you pay for the chair? If it was credit card call your company and they should help you. If it was by check, call the bank and put a stop on the payment. Stop payment could cost you something, so check on that.[/QUOTE

I paid via paypal so it was just taken from my account. Sportaid said they would look to credit the account for the amount by sending it back. Hopefully sooner rather than later as it is my money. No one had an answer as to why someone at Colours would physical inspect a chair, then ship it with the incorrect parts, and document the part was included anyway. I'm sure the reason is exactly what I believe it to be, but that's just my opinion. Thanks.

Another Ideal is to call the colours rep in your area. They are supposed to assist with these problems. In most cases they can even come to your house. You can speak to them directly. I agree colours is very difficult to deal with. Substandard service, I deal with them on a weekly basis.

Facebook bomb their asses! Negative Social media feedback will get attention quicker than phone tagging. If they have a Facebook account, let them know what you have told us here. It would say quite a bit about the company if they ignore your complaint.

The problem is they are such a big company they don't have to care. As sad as that is. They won't loose any business because you've had a problem as not many buyers will see this!! A sad situation but that's where we are!!
    Sorry you've had this hassle!! You'd hope a company dealing in disabilty products knowing the impact this can have would be a cut above the rest!!

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrig View Post
    The problem is they are such a big company they don't have to care. As sad as that is. They won't loose any business because you've had a problem as not many buyers will see this!! A sad situation but that's where we are!!
    Sorry you've had this hassle!! You'd hope a company dealing in disabilty products knowing the impact this can have would be a cut above the rest!!
    Colours has a reputation for having poor customer service and ridiculously high charges on replacement parts. Sportaid refunded me $94 and even they were puzzled as to why they would include the compact locks on the packing slip when everyone knew they don't have them in stock. I think their reputation in this industry is catching up to them more than any of us know. I just learned my lesson from this and will stick to the more reputable brands in the future--as should everyone to avoid these types of hassles.

Did you ever get your money back?