Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Colours Wheelchairs rips me--I should have known better dealing with them.

  1. #1

    Colours Wheelchairs rips me--I should have known better dealing with them.

    Sometimes these manufacturer's need to be called out on their shady business practices and Colours is hardly an exception to this happening. Their customer service is subpar, and it's critical that those in the disabled community let other people know what's going on.

    In mid-September of this year I decided it was time to update my old Colours Spazz as I like to keep the chairs in the "fleet" functioning (2 tilites, 1 quickie, 1 Spazz). I ordered another Spazz through Sportaid simply because it fit well in my front seat when driving. On my first Spazz, it came with the huge standard push wheel locks which I constantly jammed my fingers on over the years. This go round, I decided upon paying an additional $88 for the compact wheel locks to avoid the finger jamming.

    Apparently, Colours is having a problem with their overseas distributor in getting the compacy brake parts and in this case, the building and shipping of my chair was delayaed for nearly two months as Colours kept saying they were waiting on the brake parts to come in. Well, I received my chair this past Friday and lo and behold they sent my chair WITH THE STANDARD BRAKES THOUGH I PAID $88 + GA sales tax for the compact brakes and did not notify Sportaid or myself of this and DID NOT credit me the $88 I paid for the accessory option brakes. They even had the audacity to include that they had included the compact wheel locks on the packing slip (dated 11/14/2016).

    I've attached pictures directly from the Colours website showing the two different wheel lock types--standard vs. compact. I have also attached pics of the actually locks on the chair they shipped to me along side my old Spazz chair. I've contacted Sportaid and made them aware of the issue as they have all the notes regarding the delay, and I'm trying to get my credit of $88 + sales tax back from Colours through them--which I assume SHOULD have been automatic since they did not deliver what I paid for. However, here I am fighting to get my money back. I will keep this post updated, but when manufactuers do things like this it's imperative that others know what's going on.

    If Colours thought I wouldn't notice or care about not getting what I paid, they are friggin' crazy.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

  2. #2
    I agree this went wrong, but why deal with Colours for an adjustment? You said you bought it from Sportaid. Besides they have more leverage than you do.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I agree this went wrong, but why deal with Colours for an adjustment? You said you bought it from Sportaid. Besides they have more leverage than you do.
    In my original post I noted that I am dealing with Sportaid on this and they are already aware.

    The issue is that Colours was aware that they did not have the parts from day one--hence the two month delay in shipping. Sportaid reps had been in constant communication with Colours and Colours repeatedly communicated they were waiting on the parts and then searching for another vendor. Rather than advising they did not have the parts prior to shipping, Colours simply shipped the chair and notated on the invoice dated 11/14/2016 that the compact locks I paid for were included when clearly they were not.

  4. #4
    This packing invoice is why I have a problem. The order was placed in mid September and they had two months to correct the issue prior to shipping yet, they chose to ship as is and "overstate" what was actually included on the packing invoice. The point is I'm having to jump through hoops to resolve an issue that should not even have happened, but obviously Colours wasn't exactly caring much. There is a difference between an oversight and outright apathy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #5
    I misread your post. I'd be pissed too. Sportaid should be assisting you. I suppose you've sent them pictures of the faulty chair.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelieboy View Post
    In my original post I noted that I am dealing with Sportaid on this and they are already aware.

    The issue is that Colours was aware that they did not have the parts from day one--hence the two month delay in shipping. Sportaid reps had been in constant communication with Colours and Colours repeatedly communicated they were waiting on the parts and then searching for another vendor. Rather than advising they did not have the parts prior to shipping, Colours simply shipped the chair and notated on the invoice dated 11/14/2016 that the compact locks I paid for were included when clearly they were not.
    If you bought it through Sportaid, why is Colours involved with the refund process with you directly? If you paid Sportaid, then Sportaid should refund it and let them deal with Colours.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I misread your post. I'd be pissed too. Sportaid should be assisting you. I suppose you've sent them pictures of the faulty chair.
    I've e-mailed and called and left messages, but haven't heard anything back. The reason I'm posting all of this is to let people know what is going on out here with certain companies. Maybe some people would just shrug and let it go, but I want my money back. I'm having to prove that Colours didn't ship what they said and it kinda' sucks.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by pacrossbow View Post
    If you bought it through Sportaid, why is Colours involved with the refund process with you directly? If you paid Sportaid, then Sportaid should refund it and let them deal with Colours.
    Again, the underlying point of this thread is regarding a manufacture's business practice. If a manufacturer is aware they are not going to be able to deliver a product way in advance, they need to address that issue prior to the product actually being shipped to the customer. '

    I should not have to be calling and e-mailing the vendor behind a refund in this instance when the Colours knew they didn't have the part to begin with and wasn't going to get it. They shipped it as is and notated on the invoice that the requested part was included when it was not. Now I'm having to hustle "six way til Sunday" to prove I didn't get what I ordered. Who wants to go through this avoidable hassle? This is simply making people aware.

  9. #9
    I'd fight for my credit. They owe you a credit or a cash refund!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RaniaC1 View Post
    I'd fight for my credit. They owe you a credit or a cash refund!
    Yup, and I've been trying to get someone to get back to me before the holiday week kicked off. I'm heading out of town myself until next week. In this lifestyle every dime we have matters because of what it costs simply to do basic everyday functions.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •