Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eating egg yolk is almost as bad as smoking when it comes to coronary artery disease

Pasteurised is near dead milk.
    For the most part, the farm milk we used to have ready access to, stored longer on the shelf. The fats protected it and when the milk was digested, they were not readily absorbed and so, passed out the exit door.
    This modern stuff fills your arteries with fat, even the low fat rubbish for this reason. In the process, the fats are fractionated and reconstituted to give us the 'healthy' % selection milk. It is worse than homogenised.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    "Eating donuts is worse than smoking crack for causing diabetes".
    Well expressed:-)
    You could be onto a good earner.
    The Diabetes Foundation likely would pay good money for that catchphrase lol

About to enjoy 2 poached eggs over 12 grain bread myself - with real butter.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I burn around 3,500-5000 calories a day, I'd call that a snack

Was replying to Patton about the 7 eggs, milk, yogurt, being around 1,300 calories.

Quote Originally Posted by lonecoaster View Post
    I burn around 3,500-5000 calories a day, I'd call that a snack

Was replying to Patton about the 7 eggs, milk, yogurt, being around 1,300 calories.
    That's great caloric output. If I consume 2,100-2,200 calories per day my weight stays about the same. When I diet I need to consistently drop under 1,900 per day to observe any noticeable weight loss. I'm a C7, so I can only manage so much caloric output per day.

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    Pasteurised is near dead milk.
    For the most part, the farm milk we used to have ready access to, stored longer on the shelf. The fats protected it and when the milk was digested, they were not readily absorbed and so, passed out the exit door.
    This modern stuff fills your arteries with fat, even the low fat rubbish for this reason. In the process, the fats are fractionated and reconstituted to give us the 'healthy' % selection milk. It is worse than homogenised.
    This is SO true, slow_runner. I read a study and saw the pictures proving that point decades ago. (Poor little kitty cats.) I don't remember who did the study. And, I don't know what level of 'respect' the study garnished. But, ever since examining that study, I've known that we aren't getting good calcium from pasteurized milk. And, as you pointed out, further processing just ruins whatever nutrition might have survived the pasteurization and homogenization. Might you be able to provide a research article post here?

Lynnifer, me too! And with real butter. Let's do breakfast.
    Female, T9 incomplete

Hi Vintage.
    The information was passed to me by a chap I knew who worked at the Auckland University and also for Fonterra. His work was in the lab, just doing exactly what, I couldn't say . So I guess it is anecdotal.
    He was also a small lot farmer
    Either way, we know that the dairy industry strips the raw milk into as many products as possible, as do most of the food industry.
    Often, with food, we are presented with a facsimile of the original.

Should we also blame the food scientists along with the producers, the consumers and that omni pervading motive, maximum profit??
    Last edited by slow_runner; 12-26-2016 at 02:06 AM.

Raw milk is dangerous. If you have a cow in your barn and control all aspects of getting the milk out of the cow and into your bowl of cheerios then sure, it is safe. However the mass production and distribution of raw milk is irresponsible and dangerous. As a libertarian I encourage people who believe raw milk is better for them to go for it before you have children, it will strengthen the gene pool.

http://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesFor.../ucm079516.htm

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    The farm where I bought delicious, healthy, raw milk had the opportunity to become a State Certified Retail Raw Milk Dairy Farm, but at that time, the market was so small that it wasn't economically feasible for them. Now that I don't have transportation, I'm looking into buying something like "whey protein" online. Here's the processing one brand uses. Sadly, it is pasteurized. We don't have a choice.

"Vital Whey is produced with a unique pasteurization method that does not use high heat and utilizes a proprietary filtration and drying method. It involves the minimum amount of processing required by law: single flash pasteurization for 15 seconds at 161 degrees F. The result is a microbial safe product that exceeds all standards. This whey protein is not a by-product of cheese manufacture. We do not use cross-flow filtration, microfiltration, hydrolyzation or ion exchange because these methods denature the original protein components."
    Last edited by Vintage; 12-27-2016 at 12:23 AM.
    Female, T9 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Raw milk is dangerous...As a libertarian I encourage people who believe raw milk is better for them to go for it before you have children, it will strengthen the gene pool.

(KLD)