Thread: mfc140u dll. missing

mfc140u dll. missing

On Windows operating systems with 64 Bit architecture, the dll file must be in both the "sysWOW64" folder as well as the "System32" folder. In other words, you must copy the "mfc140u.dll" file into both folders.

As it states above thats where you will find the mfc140u.dll. Would some one please send me this file. Just leave a note in my indox and i'll give you my email address.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Depending on what widows software version you have in your search window type in using a restore point.

Go back to the last day the computer worked and restore from that day.

it take a while to restore but should be good once it restarts.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...ystem-restore/

You have to register the DLLs with regsvr32.exe after copying them. In GNU/Linux API, ABI and minor versions are in the file name and you just put them there.

Quote Originally Posted by zagam View Post
    You have to register the DLLs with regsvr32.exe after copying them. In GNU/Linux API, ABI and minor versions are in the file name and you just put them there.
    I forgot to mention that the minor version does not matter to the caller so there is a symbolic link from latest minor version to just API and ABI. In Debian old ABIs are provided by wrappers as only latest gets upstream security maintenance. Having old broken shit around is bad.