Thread: 31" (lift) wheelchair lift free for pick up in north NJ

31" (lift) wheelchair lift free for pick up in north NJ

I have sold my business in Kenvil NJ (www.philscars.com) and the adapted side entry van lift that I installed to get to the offices is not needed anymore.
    If someone is interested, please contact me via PM here.
    The lift as installed worked perfectly for ~20 years running on a small car battery and a trickle charger; it's only on it's second battery!
    Although I welded stops to the frame so the included angle is 90* now, it could easily be changed to the larger angle when installed in a van.
    (the platform still folds up to sandwich with the vertical parts)
    This would be ideal for someone who's interior garage door is ~30" above their garage floor. As you can see, about 3 steps up.
    When I installed it I had some reservations the it would be flimsy with only lower left and upper right mounting points secured, but there is no problem/frame flex with 200lbs of well done meat loaf on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by pfcs49; 11-16-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Pm sent. I'll take it if it's still available. Thx

Lazier dog is first in line for this.
    If anybody else is interested, you are welcome to PM me in case he fails to pick this up (I won't remove the lift until we have a closing date which should be in a month or two)

Do you remember what this came out of or if there is a more current version? I like the way this is mounted. It appears to be on the wall instead of on the landing, uh upper floor, which would be a van floor.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I think it came out of a Ford Econoline? 150?
    There was also an outer frame that wrapped around it on 3 sides and was stationary; there were "trunnions" at the top that it hung from and it swung out to telescope down to the road.
    You can see where one went in the upper left corner in the photo. I think they were just 1/2" bolts capturing tubular bushings-very simple fabrications.
    I welded a tab to the bottom/rear of the left rectangular tube and that bears on the upper floor and is secured with a lag-screw into the floor.
    Top/upper/right is a long machine sure thru the wall and nutted.

Parenthetically: when I left Kessler in 95, they gave me a list of lift suppliers in NJ. In 96 I called 4 of them about a 31" lift for my shop. Without hesitation they all gave estimates over the phone!: $8-14,000!! I was stupefied. They told me because it was a place of public accommodation it required to be enclosed and have doors (so no child could go under it and be crushed)
    I got this used for $250-an absolute bargain!

When I needed a three story elevator for my home, I didn't bother calling the gimp providers. This is what I did:#43
    That was a major home run: I paid $1200 for it without the 6x6 outer gantry which my carpenter made.