Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Epiduralstimulationnow website from thailand

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I am kinda thinking and hoping that the way that they are doing the Epidural stimulation is primitive and not proper so it isn't getting results and hoping that the way edgerton does it goes alot better because what I see in thailand 'is not the business'

I'm 100% certain of this. Edgerton’s approach uses a machine learning system from Caltech to optimize the modulation to the patient. Thailand is using an off the shelf system to try to copy Louisville’s results.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I'm 100% certain of this. Edgerton’s approach uses a machine learning system from Caltech to optimize the modulation to the patient. Thailand is using an off the shelf system to try to copy Louisville’s results.

Thank you
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Thank you
    You are indeed very fortunate to have this privileged information. Out of interest how is the machine learning at Caltech being used in the studies so far? What subject data is being fed back to the "machine" for it to learn from and how is that being interpreted back to the device and patient?

Also I assume you are now talking about NRT transcutaneous spinal cord stimulation rather than epidural stimulation as the NRT implant has not been built yet unless you are privy to other information that is not available in the public domain? And I also assume you are differentiating between stimulation of the cervical, thoracic, lumbar and sacral segments of the cord when talking about the results?

The Thailand thing involves administration of stem cells - not sure where they come from or how many - but I think that's bunk. It also costs $50,000. He went twice. I follow Andrew Bell on Mission to Walk as well and he's able to sit in his chair and lift his leg. He also stands in parallel bars ... hey I'd be fine with that after 32yrs!

He's quite open to answering questions so ..
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

lynnifer, do you know andrews sci "stats"
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    You are indeed very fortunate to have this privileged information. Out of interest how is the machine learning at Caltech being used in the studies so far? What subject data is being fed back to the "machine" for it to learn from and how is that being interpreted back to the device and patient?

Also I assume you are now talking about NRT transcutaneous spinal cord stimulation rather than epidural stimulation as the NRT implant has not been built yet unless you are privy to other information that is not available in the public domain? And I also assume you are differentiating between stimulation of the cervical, thoracic, lumbar and sacral segments of the cord when talking about the results?
    I've read the implant papers from Louisville and am familiar with some of their unreleased data. Most of the info I have is transcutaneous. The UCLA/NRT systems have both input and output channels; they measure and stim. I'm not understanding that last part. Most of the work has been lumbar or sacral stim but there has also been thoracic and cervical. Obviously the injury level matters. Stim is done at or below the injury except in stroke cases which have no bearing here.

I can ask him ... the bad part is that he was only injured a few months before he sought this out ... so who knows if it's natural recovery or as a result of the stimulator and heavy PT.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

He's T6 complete.

I'm 100% certain of this. Edgerton’s approach uses a machine learning system from Caltech to optimize the modulation to the patient.
    How is the machine learning from Caltech being used in studies?

The UCLA/NRT systems have both input and output channels; they measure and stim
    What output is being measured by the transcutaneous stimulator and how does that measure allow the stimulator to hone down on the optimal parameters for the individual?