Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Permobil M300 Corpus G3

She has no idea what she is talking about! These are the people that kill us in mobility because we need the advancements and they take the simplest way out.

So your told no before you even start and you believe them!

I just helped a friend fund a new F5 and he is on medicare plus seat elevation, lights, hooks, and medical necessity bag.

One thing I noticed this test drive around, is that the Permobil chairs don't have any adjustable "dump." My TDX-SP has this feature. I guess I can get around this and create a similar seating position by using the tilt feature and tilting back a little to approximate the position I have now, but of course that raises my knees. I'm very used to the "dump" in the Invacare chair, so that may take some getting used to.

All the best,
    GJ

Likely, the m3 will be introduced at the International Seating Symposium in late February, as other Permobil innovations have been in past years. If the past if a portend of the future, Permobil won't probably start taking orders and delivering the m3 until late spring or summer 2017. My current chair is 7 years old and needs a new back, new cushion, new tires, and casters and batteries. If I ask Medicare to spring for all of that to keep my chair going, they will deduct that amount from what they will pay toward the m3 when it becomes available. The m300 is a good chair for my needs, certainly better than the TDX-SP in most every way. I've reconciled with myself, that I really won't be missing out on too much new technology by settling for the m300.

All the best,
    GJ[/QUOTE]
    I also have a TDX-SP and Medicare in January it will be 7 years old,im in the process of getting it repaired (waiting on the parts) for 3 weeks now.The company that's doing the repairs told me that i should start the process to get a new chair,he also said they would still approve me despite the repairs he didn't mention any deductions now im worried...smh

Quote Originally Posted by SLIQNES View Post
    I also have a TDX-SP and Medicare in January it will be 7 years old,im in the process of getting it repaired (waiting on the parts) for 3 weeks now.The company that's doing the repairs told me that i should start the process to get a new chair,he also said they would still approve me despite the repairs he didn't mention any deductions now im worried...smh

My durable medical equipment supplier has explained to me that Medicare will make repairs and pay for replacement parts until a chair has reached is reasonable useful lifetime, which for power chairs is no fewer than 5 years. After that time Medicare defines irreparable wear as deterioration resulting from day-to-day usage. Medicare, at that point has the option to repair or replace depending on what needs to be done. In my case, I need a new back system, seat cushion, tires, casters, and batteries. As it was explained to me, if Medicare replaces those items now and down the road, say 6 months, a year, a motor/gear box burns out, they may deduct what they paid for the replacement parts from the cost of a new chair and it is doubtful that they would replace the motor/gear box, and then where am I?...stuck without an operating chair, having to have a face to face appointment with my doctor to refer me to an occupational or physical therapist for a wheelchair evaluation, lining up a supplier to specify and order the chair and wait for Medicare approval and delivery of the replacement chair, a 30-45 day ordeal.

I've heard this scenario from two different durable medical equipment suppliers. So, I decided to cut my losses and start the chair replacement option.

Depending on your risk tolerance, as I see it, you could go ahead with replacing parts and repairing the chair or possibly cancel the order and start the chair replacement option.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 11-18-2016 at 07:51 PM.

Depending on your risk tolerance, as I see it, you could go ahead with replacing parts and repairing the chair or possibly cancel the order and start the chair replacement option.

All the best,
    GJ[/QUOTE]
    I'm currently in a loaner chair and very uncomfortable im not sure what im gonna do...

Quote Originally Posted by SLIQNES View Post
    I'm currently in a loaner chair and very uncomfortable im not sure what im gonna do...
    I'm guessing that the loaner chair is from the durable medical equipment company who is doing the repair and parts replacement work on your 7 year old TDX-SP. If you can get a 100%, iron clad guarantee from them that Medicare won't make any deductions for the work being done on your old chair toward a new chair, then get the repairs done and immediately start on the process of getting a new chair, i.e., face to face appointment with your doctor, occuational/physical therapist wheelchair evaluation, specification, Medicare approval, and ordering a new chair. That way you will have your TDX-SP as a "lifeboat" when and if you need a back up chair. But, by all means understand what your out of pocket might be if things don't go as planned or promised.

All the best,
    GJ

[QUOTE=gjnl;1815675]I'm guessing that the loaner chair is from the durable medical equipment company who is doing the repair and parts replacement work on your 7 year old TDX-SP. If you can get a 100%, iron clad guarantee from them that Medicare won't make any deductions for the work being done on your old chair toward a new chair, then get the repairs done and immediately start on the process of getting a new chair, i.e., face to face appointment with your doctor, occuational/physical therapist wheelchair evaluation, specification, Medicare approval, and ordering a new chair. That way you will have your TDX-SP as a "lifeboat" when and if you need a back up chair. But, by all means understand what your out of pocket might be if things don't go as planned or promised.

All the best,
    GJ[/QUOTE
    First thing Monday morning im gonna check.

I got a almost new c300 front wheel drive and I know it will not make it up that hill. See when you start going up on front wheel drive most you weight move to the back small wheels and the front ones just sit there and spin. Does the same thing on grass where my Invacare TDX-SR goes right up the grass hill. I have had all 3 types. Rear wheel, mid wheel and front wheel drive and outa the 3 the mid wheel is the best around. Especially in tight corners. Just M.O.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I'm guessing that the loaner chair is from the durable medical equipment company who is doing the repair and parts replacement work on your 7 year old TDX-SP. If you can get a 100%, iron clad guarantee from them that Medicare won't make any deductions for the work being done on your old chair toward a new chair, then get the repairs done and immediately start on the process of getting a new chair, i.e., face to face appointment with your doctor, occuational/physical therapist wheelchair evaluation, specification, Medicare approval, and ordering a new chair. That way you will have your TDX-SP as a "lifeboat" when and if you need a back up chair. But, by all means understand what your out of pocket might be if things don't go as planned or promised.

All the best,
    GJ
    Invacare is in such a mess right now get a new chair. Probably can't even get new parts for a 7 year old chair anyway.
    I was gona get a new Invacare chair and my dealer said they only hold a order for 15 days right now. So am going for a m300 permobil.
    Art

My present Permobil C 300 was able to modify such that the plate in the rear seat was able to be dropped down an inch to reduce the rear to floor height before even using the tilt, the way one creates dump in a power chair. An inch is a big deal especially when considering visibility out of a vehicle and getting in it. Most unfortunately, this modification is no longer possible in the new F3. The seat plate is continuous from front to back. The visibility out of my vehicle is still manageable though. I tried the F3 for four hours one day and six hours another day. I do believe on the open road when traveling at speed it does track better with less fishtailing than my C 300, as the F3 does have new technology to reduce this problem with its attendant fatigue.

One nice feature to consider is the posterior to anterior tilt. As a quad is often quite difficult to reach things in my home office and under other conditions. The P-A tilt allows you to reach for an item or do something such as writing checks without having to pull your body forward. This is achieved with the most minimal of PA tilt. One would have to be careful about the degrees of PA tilt, since it can result in sliding forward out of the chair, which at the minimum would leave one out of proper position and at the maximum could cause possible sliding out of the seat, though this is unlikely. If one is unfamiliar with this feature I would recommend trying it before purchase so it can be included in your therapist recommendations. I am unsure whether this is a Medicare covered feature such as the seat elevator, which is not.