Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Permobil M300 Corpus G3

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    How certain are you that this is correct? I know they announced a new joystick module and have a black tire option, but that is as far as it goes. http://permobilus.com/pjsm.php
    100% Sure I have worked with Steve Balt VP of Sales for Westcoast division.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    I can second the adjustment period when going from rear- to front-wheel drive. I couldn't wait for my F3 to arrive. When it did, I spent the first weeks absolutely questioning my decision. I felt like I had never operated a wheelchair before. But now I love it, and could never imagine returning to rear-wheel drive.
    Land that so sounds like me I had just retired so I would roll to the mall 5 miles away to 10 miles round trip I can tell you how many times I said what did I do...by 3 or 4 trip I was liking it more and more. Once I got to 90 day mark I loved this chair!!! I cant see myself ever going back to mid wheel!

Ah yes, I do recall that roho was acquired by Permobil. Thus it makes sense that their backs to be compatible on their chairs. I'll keep that in mind that my next meeting with my DME rep/therapist.

I just had to put in a set of batteries in my existing C 300. I went through five sets in 5 1/2 years or an average about once per year. Pretty discouraging they do not last longer.

Once Medicare buys you a new chair you're on your own for any upkeep of your backup chair.

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    I just had to put in a set of batteries in my existing C 300. I went through five sets in 5 1/2 years or an average about once per year. Pretty discouraging they do not last longer.
    Ouch! That is discouraging. I've had my Invacare TDX-SP for 7 years and have replaced batteries 3 times. That includes having to replace a set of batteries that physically failed (covered under warrantee), cases swelled and split. Those were Interstate batteries, not MKs. I'm probably a pretty light weight user of my chair compared to many. I don't depend on my wheelchair to take me long distances and I don't expect it to perform "off road."

Individual battery usage...your mileage may vary depending on your usage.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 11-06-2016 at 04:53 PM.

If one was going to get a Permobil chair with an aftermarket back is there obviously discernible difference between the Invacare matrix elite and the Roho back system? They both look similar but I'm kind of leaning towards the Invacare back.

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    If one was going to get a Permobil chair with an aftermarket back is there obviously discernible difference between the Invacare matrix elite and the Roho back system? They both look similar but I'm kind of leaning towards the Invacare back.
    --Invacare Matrix Backs are all molded foam or optional Visco Foam.

--Roho Agility Backs are foam with an air insert in the center of the back, down the spine (in the deep contour back, the air inserts are down the spine and on both sides for lateral support). The air insert looks a lot like a section of a Roho wheelchair cushion and can be filled and deflated just like the cushions. There is a long, filler tube (2 tubes on the deep contour back) that attaches to a Roho pump for adjustment. The Roho Agility back is especially good for those of us who have bony or prominent spines.

All the best,
    GJ
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gjnl; 11-07-2016 at 06:44 PM.

I talked to the van converter about getting a "pin bracket" mounted on a Permobil m300. He said it was no problem and I could probably use my existing floor mounted EZ Lock with both chairs (the Permobil m300 and my current Ivacare TDX-SP that I will keep to use as a life boat). When I get the chair, he will get the parts I need, I will go to his shop and he'll add the "pin bracket" to the Permobil and make adjustments as necessary to accommodate both chairs. This guy has been a joy to work with, in the 25 years that I've known him. Trouble is he is just a couple years younger than I am, and one of these days, I think he will end up trading in his tools for a fishing pole.

All the best,
    GJ

Let it be said...when you are trying to get a new power chair through Medicare, they require an Occupational/Physical Therapist evaluation and an attendant durable medical equipment supplier to validate the requirements that you need in a class 3 or 4 power chair. That said, in my experience (as I am going through this now), you need to be 4 or 5 pages ahead of all of them on the order form to assure you are getting what you need. My advise is to be absolutely sure of your needs, your measurements, and what is included and what is additional cost.

The occupational or physical therapist that Medicare or maybe private pay insurance requires, who "quote" specifies your needs, is probably in league with a durable equipment medical supplier, with whom they work with all of the time. It is in your best interest to get a totally independent occupational or physical therapist evaluation, and then shop that evaluation around. I am in the middle of an OT (occupational therapist) and a supplier who work together all of the time.
    Maybe that explains why my evaluation was totally mixed up with the prior patient evaluated who had a pulmonary infection. The OT just didn't bother to change the diagnosis and codes.

This OT and DME supplier just can't understand why I want to see every report they produce. I have an agreement with my doctor that he won't sign anything, until I tell him to. I'm not going to have the OT and DME supplier f.... this up and when Medicare denies, leave me to make an appeal. I've put the OT and DME supplier that I'm not putting up with their laziness and ineptness. There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over!!!

All the best,
    GJ

I got this confirmation regarding a new m300/m3 release by email from Steve Balt:

Thank you for the emails and your interest in Permobil. I was able to find the forum that you mentioned and catch up on the thread. There will be a new M3 released in 2017, hopefully by the end of the first quarter. Unfortunately, there is no information or a release date available at this time. As with any new product, there will be improvements.

We will start a marketing campaign sometime in the next couple months. Information about the chair will become more available as we get closer to the actual launch.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I'll gladly answer them to the best of my ability.

Thank you,

Steve

With that confirmation, the question we, who are looking to order an m300 chair before the end of the year, is how lucky do we feel regarding the funding cuts that may happen if the Senate bill and House bill aren't passed during this lame duck session of congress. http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...ehab-equipment!

This puts a lot up in the air...what do we do???

All the best,
    GJ

Agree GJ. We are caught between a rock and a hard place. I will be going over the specs with my DME next week.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/