Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Permobil M300 Corpus G3

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    I have had my F3 for approximately 6 months. I haven't had any issues with the batteries, until about the time I read your post (are you to blame?) above. Now, even with light usage, the power bars will drop from 1-2 green bars, almost immediately to red. Again, this isn't even with moderate usage, and with proper charging.

Landrover I have a F3 and batteries did great though the 1st year but then died real fast like with in days.

Have your DME check on the cables going to the battery for a good tight connection and try a different charger to test.

Might have a bad cell I went through 2 sets of MKs both had bad cells!

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    That unit with the knob looks unfamiliar to me for those that typically come with Permobil chairs. Why is it you got that type of controller? I guess that is not the R-net controller.
    I took delivery on my Permobil m300 Corpus Power Wheelchair before the new m3 was released. Since I knew the m3 was coming out and there were features that could be interchanged with the m300 like the control module and the link headrest hardware, I asked for these subsitutions. The new m300 and the f3 and f5 use the Curtiss-Wright CJSM2 Control Module and Joystick. It is the next generation R-net controller. The CJSM2 has infared and blue tooth capabilities. See website below

m3: https://permobilus.com/product/m3-corpus/

Curtiss-Wright R-Net CJSM2: http://www.cw-industrialgroup.com/Pr...ules-CJSM2.asp
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I took delivery on my Permobil m300 Corpus Power Wheelchair before the new m3 was released. Since I knew the m3 was coming out and there were features that could be interchanged with the m300 like the control module and the link headrest hardware, I asked for these subsitutions. The new m300 and the f3 and f5 use the Curtiss-Wright CJSM2 Control Module and Joystick. It is the next generation R-net controller. The CJSM2 has infared and blue tooth capabilities. See website below

m3: https://permobilus.com/product/m3-corpus/

Curtiss-Wright R-Net CJSM2: http://www.cw-industrialgroup.com/Pr...ules-CJSM2.asp

My F3 came with the older joystick and headrest but I was able to update the order at the last at no cost because both released about the time of delivery.

Are you able to work with Permobil and change out the joystick?

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    Are you able to work with Permobil and change out the joystick?
    I discovered the problem on Thursday evening, sent my durable medical equipment supply rep an email (with pictures), and left a message on his cell phone. By Friday morning, about 10:00AM, he emailed me that he had contacted Permobil (probably the western region rep) ans a new CJSM2 controller had been ordered and would probably arrive late this week. Cutiss-Wright (see posts 226 & 227) has taken a great interest in this problem (they have other reports of similar breakage) and want to send the unit to the United Kingdom for further materials quality control testing.

Last edited by gjnl; 02-26-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Today, NL found this spring and magnetic pin adhered to a front tie down bracket. It has something to do with the switch/knob that broke off the controller last week. I'll include these pieces with the defective controller module.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I wonder if there's a way to fund a chair before the five years is up, if there's extenuating circumstances. My M300 is going on 3 already, and it's been a really bad chair. From the very beginning I complained that one caster was bad, fluttered, and wasn't hitting the ground the same. Well, it finally got really bad, and was "repaired", but literally fell off at home. Long story short, went back to the place that I got it through, and it's still in repair hell. Fixed the caster, but gave it back with a mid wheel catching. It squeaks, over steers, and I'm pretty sure the suspension is worse than when I got it. I'm getting back pain, headaches, and VERY bad shoulder pain, because it doesn't fit me well. I can barely get it around in my little house, too, it's just so huge. That F5 with the aggressive tread looks amazing, for city sidewalks that are so jagged. I'm not sure what to do. Talking to a caseworker for Medi-cal tomorrow, hopefully figure something out.

"I'm getting back pain, headaches, and VERY bad shoulder pain, because it doesn't fit me well. "

Very interesting. I got my power chair because of a bad left shoulder and since then my right shoulder has given me nothing but pain. I had all the classic signs of rotator cuff impingement. Nothing outrageous, but with some MRI changes that would, if desired, justify surgery. I never had problems with my right shoulder before I got my power chair and my reps/therapists all discounted the possibility that a poorly fitting chair can change the biomechanics of the shoulder joint, such that one can get rotator cuff impingement. Part of it, I strongly believe, was the belief that once you buy it, you own it for the Medicare five year period. They pretty much implied that. That's why it is such a big commitment to sign off on a new chair and I squeezed hard to try out different backs for my new chair. I pray it will be different.

Desperate for pain relief I gave in and opted for surgery, which was not supposed to be anything major as far as shoulders are concerned. Turned out to be the worst mistake of my life. The pain is worse than ever, leading me to believe that it never was the radiographic changes that were causing me the pain. Clinically, the physical exam showed indications of rotator cuff impingement, but never considered why or how postural changes can create this problem. Whenever I am in my power assisted manual chair with a lower back I do not have the same pain. Now, I also have elbow pain on the same side as the shoulder surgery (the joystick side) that is absolutely excruciating in degree. Again, nothing major on radiography. As part of the shoulder surgery the doctor did a biceps tenotomy, which is a surgical release of one of the heads of the bicep. Big mistake.

My C 300 with the solid flat back that in my opinion is too tall, with no lateral support (the old Permobil laterals sucked) utterly destroyed my body. It started less than six months after I got the chair and now after 5 1/2 years the damage has been complete and irreversible. I've lost the ability to transfer, turn myself in bed overnight, and even do a decent period of desk work. If I have to do much desk work I save it for when I am in my quickie GP swing away with power assist.

I'm hoping the new chair, the F3, with the Invacare matrix elite back with lateral supports molded into the body and with lateral scapular cutouts, allowing greater shoulder mobility and ability to sit upright will be less painful than my C 300, which I can only spend 4-6 hours at Max.

People just can't understand why a power chair should be painful. After all, you're not pushing it and should be saving your body. To them I would say try sitting on a chair with your back jacked up straight against a sheet of solid plywood for 7 to 8 hours a day for five years and see how you like it. That's what my C 300 feels like. Anybody that gets a solid flat back ought to have their head examined because it is just asking for trouble.

Surprisingly enough, the joystick placement and the type of knob or handle used can create a lot of problems too. I don't think the physical and occupational therapists, nor the durable medical equipment dealers pay enough attention to how wrists and forearms are positioned. Prolonged periods of time with your hand on a joystick that is too close, too far away, too high or too low can create a lot of wrist, elbow, and yes, even shoulder pain. Check out all of the types of joystick knobs and handles that are available from Body Point.

https://www.bodypoint.com/ECommerce/...ystick-handles

http://www.1800wheelchair.com/produc...FQJsfgodyc4OEQ

Wow, that's awful crags. Jeez. You should have fought that for sure, and I thought that's what a caseworker is for. I think they can help push through stuff, especially if it's going to cause expensive medical procedures!
    Update. They came out to eval the chair. Said nothing was wrong. They squeak. The shocks are what they are. They lowered the arms is all. That helps the shoulders, but... Guess I'm stuck with the chair!

This is my first permobil and am not impressed. Rides rougher than my Invacare tdx-sr. I was tilted and reclined some watch some tv and turn it back on nothing. None of the lights for the tilt or any other on that control before the joystick lit up. The chair would move with the joystick but nothing else. After about 10 minutes I was about to call 911 because I could not get out chair in tilt and recline. Turned it on and off about 20 to 30 times and it finally lit up. Dme check all the wireing like I did found nothing and hasn't done it again but am sure it will screw me sometime. One motor has a funny click as you slow down before you come to a complete stop with the big click that locks the motor and gearbox up. The other side makes the same noise to at times. I have had Invacare brush motors and gearboxes and never herd that double click is what I call it. Does get on your nerves to. My DME called the factory and the factory is sending to brand new units out cause they want the other that are making the noise. Am sure they got a problem there somewere they know about. They never said a word about why the other control that runs tilt,recline,footrest and up and down were all dead for about 20 minutes after fussing with it. When they come and get it to replace the motors am gona metioned it to him and ask if he even ask the factory about that. Am sure something is wrong in the wireing or the main controller. Hope Invacare gets it back together so if I live another 5 years I'll probabaly would go back to Invacare. Dang good thing my Invacare is in great shape for a spare. Am gonna need it the way things look.
    Art