Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Permobil M300 Corpus G3

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    You're right. They aren't easy to find on line, but I found one (sold) on Ebay for $125 and one on another site for $250
    Time to buy a dongle is when you order your chair and ask if you can by one outa pocket for bying a chair from them. Between 450 t0 500 brand new with the cd. I never use the cd takes to long to mess around.
    I have Invacare and dongle both. MY DME sometimes ask me to program chairs close to me as they don't like to spend the time with it. I spend about 4 or 5 hours helping crips like us program there chairs for free just to help them out cause they cant afford a tech to spend 4 or 5 hours with them. I like the dongle as once you hook it up you can leave it on the chair as they drive it and then go back and change setting without a lot of hassel. Some even get the hang of it and do it themselves once I so them how easy it is. They always want to pay me something most I'll take is gas money. Some vendor rent them out on ebay also. The real time is writing all the setting down on paper so incase the controller goes bad the DME has something to go by. Some you can save on memory stick or save on puter but I find writing it all down on paper is the best way.
    Art

Something probably so simple is causing me angst. When I ordered my F3, I ordered the RAM X-Grip phone holder through Permobil. The instructions that came with it show how to mount it to the armrest, which I am able to do. However, I would prefer to mount it next to my controller, as shown in several pictures on Permobil's website. The only problem is that, for the life of me, I can't figure out where it mounts to. The holder comes with 2 different mounting hardware options, the adjustable screw shown in one pic, and allen screws. Can anyone help in figuring out where it mounts to??

https://permobilus.com/product/bluet...device-module/
    https://permobilus.com/product/ram-x-gripphone-holder/

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Something probably so simple is causing me angst. When I ordered my F3, I ordered the RAM X-Grip phone holder through Permobil. The instructions that came with it show how to mount it to the armrest, which I am able to do. However, I would prefer to mount it next to my controller, as shown in several pictures on Permobil's website. The only problem is that, for the life of me, I can't figure out where it mounts to. The holder comes with 2 different mounting hardware options, the adjustable screw shown in one pic, and allen screws. Can anyone help in figuring out where it mounts to??
    I don't know if you have these instructions or if they will help, but:
    http://www.rammount.com/files/pdf/RMR-INS-UN9.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I don't know if you have these instructions or if they will help, but:
    http://www.rammount.com/files/pdf/RMR-INS-UN9.pdf
    Thanks! I have the Permobil Ram instructions, but they only show how to mount to the armrest. There are 2 screws under the controller that I may unscrew and install the bracket. Just hope the screws are long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Art,
    My DME does not do mail order stuff. I expect to be meeting with him in the next few days and get some info. It appears that he made the calf supports by bending a Stealth lateral pad with some improvised hardware. However, thigh supports are available from Permobil. Here is a link to some used ones.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3224126...&ul_noapp=true
    All you do to install them is to slide them on the track on the sides of the 3G seat.
    55 did you find out anything on the calf supports and the waterfall arm rest? They may come from another wheelchair company or vendor as I need to no so when my DME comes Monday he can find out were to get them. Thanks
    Art

For those that are considering an aftermarket back, the J3 isn't bad, just be sure to request (if you're a quad) a demo of the PDL or PD models. Most likely a quad will go for the PDL model. If you decide to demo a PDL, have your rep get the two most likely sizes in terms of back height, as that determines the vertical size and location of the laterals. Too high and they will be in your armpits, too low they will not provide enough lateral support. Laterals in the PDL are molded in the shell so this is important as they are not adjustable after purchase.

I found the Invacare matrix elite deep also very good, with nice, ergonomic body hugging laterals and shoulder cutouts allowing better mobility. Laterals do not come out that far or wrap that far in front to impinge with arm mobility during routine activities. The laterals in this back also are also molded in the shell so no adjustment is also possible. Therefore, pay extra attention to the size chosen.

I've had my m300 for several weeks. The durable medical equipment supplier has been out a couple of time to do adjustments. The supplier/tech is coming out on Wed., and I have a complaint about front caster stiffness/jerkiness/resistance., not caster flutter, just the opposite. I've searched the internet and found a video regarding O-rings under the caster mounts and removing one of the O-rings. Anyone have this problem? How did you solve?

What has been the approximate "burn rate" for battery usage for those with Permobil C-Series and the new F series? I still have my C 300 and after just 4-5 hours of basically inside desk work, with total distance probably less than 50 yards, and with a couple of tilt/recline for pressure relief and additional repositioning, I can burn through 2-3 bars. And this is for a brand-new battery not even four months old. While is probably true that stop and go, front and back maneuvering, rather than straight-line cruising with momentum in one's favor, consumes more power, it is not confidence boosting you see the burn rate when considering going out on an extended foray in the neighborhood or a full day out doing things.

I've had several batteries on my C 300 and the average/median lifespan is about one year.

I take care of the batteries properly, including correct break-in procedure and daily charging.

Do you know what brand of batteries were installed, how fresh and were they balanced? These variable that really matter as far as battery life and range.

Sounds like your batteries are gone.

My F3 can go on all day with MK 24s. 15 miles is common when everything on your chair is working right.