Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Permobil M300 Corpus G3

I believe the R-NET CJSM2 controller allows you to preset times for tilt/recline. That said, I'm still trying to find a manual for the controller. The dealer said he can direct me to a link, but I haven't gotten that link from him. I don't need the presets so I haven't pushed him. Maybe next week.

Permobil does install a Virtual Seating Coach in their chairs that can be programmed by a physical/occupational therapist: https://vsc-us.permobil.com/

Try downloading the F3 service manual from the Permobil website. It's over 180 pages and probably has something in there regarding the controller.

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    Try downloading the F3 service manual from the Permobil website. It's over 180 pages and probably has something in there regarding the controller.
    There is a lot of information in that manual about the R-Net controller, but most all of it is in regard to troubleshooting and error codes and messages.

Page 159 indicates of the f3 manual says: "For more information on programming/adjustment of the R-Net control system and obtaining parameter files see the technical user manual for programming R-Net."

A search for technical user manual for programming R-Net CJSM2 doesn't yield much that is on point. Next week, I'll ask my supplier again for help on this

I have a F5VS with the optional Virtual Seating Coach. It was an optional feature and did not come standard with the chair. It allows someone who can login to preset times for various positions, tilt, leg elevation, recline, etc., for various lengths of time. If the accompanying app is running you get a notification and the system keeps track of the actual time spent in each configuration.In my case, it will notify me and log the amount of time I stand in my chair.

Having said all of this, I have not used this function yet. I need to get with my PT to set it up.

Is this the manual you are looking for?

http://sunrise.pgdrivestechnology.co...sk77981-05.pdf
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Is this the manual you are looking for?

http://sunrise.pgdrivestechnology.co...sk77981-05.pdf
    Thanks for checking, but that isn't the controller I have. Mine is PG Drives Technology CJSM2. Evidently Curtiss-Wright has the manual in their library, but since I don't have an account with them, I can't get to their manual download page.

http://www.cw-industrialgroup.com/Pr...les-CJSM2.aspx
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gjnl; 02-06-2017 at 06:54 PM.

I do all of the seating functions through the joystick rather than the push button pad since using my thumb in the manner I was as a quad cause shoulder pain and hyperextension of the thumb joint. Still, having the pad convenient for a backup or just doing a little modification of a setting. However, I see they have toggles instead of buttons as an alternative to the touchpad. My question is, do the toggles get in the way by means of physical contact with the wrist when your hand is using the joystick? Toggles looks fairly tall and was wondering if they in any way more of a pain than they are worth, considering they are not my main tool for tilt/recline/leg elevation/seat elevator.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    I do all of the seating functions through the joystick rather than the push button pad since using my thumb in the manner I was as a quad cause shoulder pain and hyperextension of the thumb joint. Still, having the pad convenient for a backup or just doing a little modification of a setting. However, I see they have toggles instead of buttons as an alternative to the touchpad. My question is, do the toggles get in the way by means of physical contact with the wrist when your hand is using the joystick? Toggles looks fairly tall and was wondering if they in any way more of a pain than they are worth, considering they are not my main tool for tilt/recline/leg elevation/seat elevator.

Thank you.
    I have the toggle switches. I don't find they get in the way of using the joystick. I couldn't use the buttons (8 buttons on the pad - 2 for each function). There are 4 toggles switches - one for each function, push or pull on the toggle. I sometimes have difficulty pulling on the toggles because my quad fingers stretch out as I pull back. But, all in all they work pretty well.

Sent another email to my durable medical equipment supplier regarding a manual. He found out the manual for the CJSM2 is being written or revised. He sent me some pertinent information in the mean time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Here are some pics of my new M300 which was delivered Yesterday morning. When I transferred into the chair I immediately felt comfortable. I expected that since it is the same as my old M300 with a few tweaks. The tech had all the measurements so he set it up in their shop. He did not have to touch a thing so he was gone in less than an hour. It turned out to be less than smooth sailing. After lunch I took it out for a test drive. I was surprised at how well it handled the bumps with 6? small wheels instead of the 8? on my old chair. I think they will work out very well for me. Later when I was moving around the house I began hearing something clattering like pebbles in a hub cap. The noise kept getting louder but my wife and I could not pinpoint where it was coming from. We found out when I made a sharp turn. The cover on one of the drive wheels fell on to the floor along with bolts and washers. The wheel was hanging on with two bolts that were screwed in only 3-4 turns. I slowly drove back to the bedroom where my ceiling lift was and got back into my old chair. The tech was back in about an hour and put the wheel on correctly. He checked the other wheel and it was okay. It should never have left the TN factory that way. Of course, they will hear about it. Below are photos showing some of the changes I made. They include legrests adapted to keep my legs from rolling off when I am lying down and supports on the sides of the seat to keep my knees from spreading out.

Attachment 59351
    Attachment 59352

The pic below shows the headrest which must go.
    It is comfortable but sticks out so far when the
    seatback is tilted a little it hits the doorway when
    I turn out into a hallway.
    Attachment 59353

With the supports at the knees and the bent legrests my legs are in a more normal position.
    Attachment 59354

When I am laying down the leg supports work great. Also, on this
    chair I can get my legs higher than my head to combat leg edema.
    Attachment 59355

SCI 55 can you pm me with the phone # of your provider for other equipment. They include legrests adapted to keep my legs from rolling off when I am lying down and supports on the sides of the seat to keep my knees from spreading out. which I have the same problem as well as the armrest setup. You did send me the webpage about the armrest but you need to be a dealer and I think there is other parts you need to make it work. My DME has never seen this stuff as he just goes by what Permobil offers. My DME does not have 30 plus years experience in it so any info you can send me I would really be helpful to me and also help my DME see this stuff. Probably would have to get these parts from your DME as he seems to know much more than mine. My DME is probably not a dealer in that aftermarket stuff as he was not with the arm rest setup I showed him. Any help here would be most helpful. Thanks
    Art

I put out requests and now have a couple copies of the manual for the CJSM2 controller. Instructions for the PG Drives Technology SK77981/5 and CJSM2 controllers are included in one manual. I tried to upload it here to share with others, but evidently a 4.2 MB PDF document is too large to upload? Hmm.