Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Permobil M300 Corpus G3

Eight inch casters will raise the height of the chair 1 inch higher than six inch casters, unless the caster wheels can be mounted higher in the caster forks.

All the best,
    GJ

gjnl Interesting how this played out, so you know my thoughts on Pride Edge so long story short version my Wife and I were in New York City on vacation and the crappy Edge left us stranded.

So I was so upset when we got back to our home city I parked the Edge and never used it again. Having it only 3 years my insurance would not cover a new chair so we bought a used m300 off Ebay it was a locally bought chair from my city and my DME confirmed they sold it and only had 3 miles.

I loved this chair it was strong, dependable, comfortable and reliable. We travel a lot by plane so it never got damaged on all our flights.

I used it for 1 1/2 years and then when my 5 year time line came up I ordered a new one fit for me. 1/2 way though my funding I had seen the F3 from Permobil but never test rode one.

So I worked with the Permobil rep and they brought one out to my house for 4 days. The rest is history, it did everything the m300 did but better, stronger and so much more comfortable!

I had a lot of people at Pride tell me Permobil had made major design flaws that would impact my usage..I had other experts tell me I would have issues navigating in a front wheel drive.

I have had a lot of chairs but this is by far the best chair ever!

One side note I have had center wheel drives high center and get stuck on steep ramps up and down and need a push to get on stuck.

With the F series have not once got stuck and ramps to steep for center wheel the F series rolls up and down with no need for help.

Not having the front castors makes it more simple to get close to things, doors, appliances, tight spaces much more simple.

On the issue of flat free or solid I use air filled it makes the ride to much more soft and not bone jarring.

We had a local bike shop add heavy duty slime that is used for mountain biking and no issues what so ever.

Last when looking at castor size cant compare a wheelchair to a power chair but the bigger the castor the smoother then crack, rock or bump.

Here is my F3 going over a wooden pier, if the m300 I would have to stop ever so often because of the harness.

On the F3 it is so much smoother and no need to have to stop.

Turning radius is critical for me in my house and in my van.
    Permobil m300 - 20 inches
    Permobil f3 - 26.5 inches

That is huge for my indoor use.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 11-01-2016 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl;[URL="tel:1814422"
    1814422[/URL]]Turning radius is critical for me in my house and in my van.
    Permobil m300 - 20 inches
    Permobil f3 - 26.5 inches

That is huge for my indoor use.

All the best,
    GJ

Turing radius is like mileage ratings in moblity how it's measured and listed is very misleading!!!

Remember Pride Edge was to have a smaller footprint?

It doesn't it just looks better on paper.

I can tell you I can get in tighter places much more easy with front wheel drive!

Like I tell everyone you won't know if you don't demo.

Never rule out solely based on paper numbers...

I received this from Permobil/Roho regional representative today by email.

The CAT (Climbing and Traction) Link system is the M300’s suspension system that links the drive wheels with the caster swing arms. When the casters encounter an obstacle either going forward or backward the swing-arms connect to the drive wheel directing force to keep it on the ground and improve traction. Many mid-wheel drive chairs are susceptible to something called “high centering”. High centering is when the drive wheel loses traction usually when transitioning from one obstacle to another (example down one ramp and up another causing casters to get suspended and drive wheel to just spin). The CAT Link system is designed to keep traction on the drive wheel and reduce the risk of high centering. You should be able to feel how the system works during your test ride. The CAT Link system will work well with either a pneumatic or solid drive tire. The solid tire is specifically designed for Permobil power bases to optimize performance of the chairs and comfort of the ride. We do not use a foam or gel filled tire rather the specially designed sold tires and casters. As for caster size the 6” will provide a slightly smaller turning radius and allow the footplates to be kept in closer to the base, but the 8” will climb larger obstacles and handle greater terrain.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Eight inch casters will raise the height of the chair 1 inch higher than six inch casters, unless the caster wheels can be mounted higher in the caster forks.

All the best,
    GJ
    I think they use different forks but I will check that out. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

It appears to have a limit regarding ramp slope but this has never happened to me.

You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Is it just me or would that F5 look better configured as a rear wheel?

It's no secret that front wheel climbs better over obstacles than mid-wheel. Rearwheel are becoming obsolete.

I have front wheel and tried the mid-wheel in my Honda Odyssey and noticed very little difference in entering and exit maneuverability.

I have the C 300 presently and I don't think it has any suspension, hence the right can be rough. I see the F3 has spring-loaded independent suspension and would be looking forward to that.

If you get the F series, drive from your wheelchair using EZ lock and have trouble with the lockdown bolt catching on things such as thresholds, you may need to switch to the qstraint system, namely the 150. My dealer says that that resolved issues for some of their clients.