Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Permobil M300 Corpus G3

It looks like I could do with one less link. I think I will try to get the Permobil area rep to bring one for me to try.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    It looks like I could do with one less link. I think I will try to get the Permobil area rep to bring one for me to try.
    I think they can do that.

I know this probably isn't helpful but I'm going to be testing out the Quickie QM-7 (midwheel) and the Permobil F3 (front wheel).

I'll give my feedback on each!
    Don't call me Barbie, my name is Jen!

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    On the M300, 17.5 is the lowest STF. Going higher is possible as a custom option, but the top speed of the chair may be limited.

The F3/F5 is also 17.5". Battery size has no effect on the STF or power seating.

With the F3/F5, I recommend 17.5" for nearly every chair I spec (85% of which will be for men). Selecting the higher STF values may result in circumstances where the chair may drive at a reduced speed event though there is no clear safety risk. If this happens, it may not be correctable in the field. If I need a taller STF on the F series, I'll select 17.5" and program myself to 18.5. If it is set at 17.5, it is possible to drive without any speed reduction with the seat elevated 1-2".

You just need to be aware of footplate clearance.

It is also possible to use waterfall style arm pads by selecting the 7/8" Arm Trough Adapters and specifying that they be mounted using the "inside hole of the bracket". This chair on the left has them and uses Quickie waterfall style arm pads to reduce the overall width by 3" or so.
    I got my new M300 with the 19 inch to floor height and the power elevator does not slow the chair down one bit till you use it. Even when you use it the forward speed and reverse don't chance that much. At least on mine. At 8 inches high it is really to fast so I just drive more slower. I really love the seat elevator. Makes reaching for things so much easyer. My foot rest are set at about 3 and 1/2 to 3 and 3/4 to the ground as all my chairs has been seat to floor height of 19 inches. That way you don't ever have to worry about bending your footbase tubes unless you have something to get over which you can tell if you need to raise the chair or put more tilt in it for something high. I think over the years I have maybe had to use it like 3 times in 5 years. I don't drive from my chair so 19 inches has always been right for me. I put about 1/2 dump in it so I fit good. Of course with all the adjustments you can do about anything.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    "Rustyjames," I asked this question in another thread, but I'll ask you here. I don't plan to use my old TDX-SP much, except for a "life boat." What do you think would be my best way of storing the chair/battery for long term limited use. I'm thinking about trying to put the chair up on jacks or blocks to keep the wheels from developing flat spots, but I'd like to keep the battery going if I can. Thoughts?
    I just let my chair that I don't use a lot just sit there and charge it about 1 or 2 times a week. You will get flat spots but after you use it a little it goes away.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    You just need the right size tire.
    Reason I asked on ebay they show the rim and tire together. That's how I always bought my Invacare tdx 6 inch tiers and rims. Ebay shows the tire and rim at about 7 and 1/2 high which I know is wrong. I could not even find just a tire. Am sure Permobile sell just the tire but I bet you could buy the aftermarket with the wheel and bearings and tire cheaper. Invacare I could only buy the wholes caster for 30 dollars a piece.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    So your total back height is about 23 inches off the pan. The aftermarket backs all seem to offer two sizes, the standard which is about 3 inches and the deep which is 6 inches. I am exactly the same level as you and have quite a bit of side to side instability in my C 300 which has a flat back and which has proven to be painfully exhausting. The Invacare I tried was 6 inches and provided some nice wraparound trunk support as well as scapular cutouts which I think would help with this. 3 inches of back depth might be too little for me. Given how hard it was to get the aftermarket backs demoed I can only imagine if I want to now try the 3 inch.

If it were only as easy as trying on different shoes. Every new configuration one wants to try requires an additional clinic visit after a while the therapists start to run a little short on patience. My selection process is already into its fifth month and I need to come to a decision soon. I'll be trying the J3 back week and after that I will need to make a decision.

At 6'3" with only 23 inch back that's quite a bit of leverage you have on the headrest bracket. I'm surprised the therapist didn't give you more grief over that. It seems that for tilt/recline users they try to give you a back almost up to the base of your neck under the belief is needed for support in the pressure relief mode. However, in my opinion and experience, the back that high is uncomfortable, painful, functionally limiting, and restricts shoulder mobility.
    I always use a pillow on my headrest when I recline much softer.....lol
    Art

Here are some pics of my new M300 which was delivered Yesterday morning. When I transferred into the chair I immediately felt comfortable. I expected that since it is the same as my old M300 with a few tweaks. The tech had all the measurements so he set it up in their shop. He did not have to touch a thing so he was gone in less than an hour. It turned out to be less than smooth sailing. After lunch I took it out for a test drive. I was surprised at how well it handled the bumps with 6? small wheels instead of the 8? on my old chair. I think they will work out very well for me. Later when I was moving around the house I began hearing something clattering like pebbles in a hub cap. The noise kept getting louder but my wife and I could not pinpoint where it was coming from. We found out when I made a sharp turn. The cover on one of the drive wheels fell on to the floor along with bolts and washers. The wheel was hanging on with two bolts that were screwed in only 3-4 turns. I slowly drove back to the bedroom where my ceiling lift was and got back into my old chair. The tech was back in about an hour and put the wheel on correctly. He checked the other wheel and it was okay. It should never have left the TN factory that way. Of course, they will hear about it. Below are photos showing some of the changes I made. They include legrests adapted to keep my legs from rolling off when I am lying down and supports on the sides of the seat to keep my knees from spreading out.

Name:  wc1.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  35.1 KB
    Name:  wc2.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  38.2 KB

The pic below shows the headrest which must go.
    It is comfortable but sticks out so far when the
    seatback is tilted a little it hits the doorway when
    I turn out into a hallway.
    Name:  wc3.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  34.2 KB

With the supports at the knees and the bent legrests my legs are in a more normal position.
    Name:  wc4.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  28.8 KB

When I am laying down the leg supports work great. Also, on this
    chair I can get my legs higher than my head to combat leg edema.
    Name:  wc5.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  34.9 KB
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Yeah, I agree with you, that headrest isn't good!!!! I think the Permobil Link hardware will be just the ticket.

A little thing I have changed from what came with my chair is the lap belt. The durable medical equipment supplier ordered a Body Point push button release lap belt. Come to find out Body Point makes a Rehab Latch that works much like the latch on an airplane seat. So, I asked the supplier to swap out the belt I have for one with the Rehab Latch. Much easier for a quad.

Anybody hear anything about the Permobil memory functions available? They can take a setting, such as full pressure relief, and automatically, with the touch of a button or one move of the joystick, do your prescribed tilt/leg elevation/recline settings in one fell swoop. This would save constant joystick fiddling and for those that have any type of hand problem, such as myself, reduces the pain that results from even minor joystick manipulation. I believe there are two options, the memory seat program which is not covered by Medicare and the independent repositioning mode, which I was told accommodates two profiles and is available at no charge.