Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Permobil M300 Corpus G3

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerDude View Post
    I have a permobil f5 corpus vs. Love it. A few "brains" issues, but they've been taken care of.
    Do you have a Permobil back or an after market back like a Jay or Roho?

I have F3 ad have used two after market backs and they did allow for it when ordering. Very happy with chair.

any issues with the headrest adaptor? For instance, the Invacare matrix back as a maximum height of 20 inches, but I need about 24. However, the back does not start at the seat pan and that gap is added to the back height to get a maximum height off of the seat pan.

I need a lower back and my DME rep told me there will be too much leverage on the headrest attachment point. Permobil said they haven't heard of any problems if you do not have extensor tone/spasticity in the neck and upper back. They do sell a longer headrest arm.

Haven't had any problems. It seems like it could be pretty long.

This is my m300 with a Roho Agility Mid Contour back and Permobil Headrest with Link Hardware: https://permobilus.com/product/permobil-headrest/

Attached Images Attached Images  

That is really low. Mine isn't that low.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerDude View Post
    That is really low. Mine isn't that low.
    Are you talking about the bracket for the head rest?

This is a 20 inch Roho Agility Mid or Medium contour back. The top of the mounting bracket is at 5 inches below the top edge of the back.

The Link hardware, is different that the standard head rest.

does your aftermarket back come all the way down to the seat pan or is there a gap?

My therapists are telling me I cannot have a lower back.

The J3 has its own headrest hardware.

Is the Permobil link headrest meant to be used to afford a lower back it still provides head support while in full tilt and recline?

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    does your aftermarket back come all the way down to the seat pan or is there a gap? There is a gap.

My therapists are telling me I cannot have a lower back. Is 20 inches a low back, according to your therapists?

The J3 has its own headrest hardware.

Is the Permobil link headrest meant to be used to afford a lower back it still provides head support while in full tilt and recline? I have full head support in full recline and tilt. That said, the head rest pad cradles my head at the base of the occipital bone rather than the middle of the back of my head (like the head rest on my TDX-SP with a Jay2 back) at the parietal bone.
    Hope that helps.