Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Permobil M300 Corpus G3

Quote Originally Posted by SLIQNES View Post
    Wow I have a TDXSP which is 7years old and only have to charge it once a week depending on my usage.
    "Rustyjames" is right, you should charge the chair after every use, whether the battery indicator reads almost fully charged or not. I know there are days when we may not be out and about and use the chair only in our homes, very light use. But, even so, plug the chair into the charger after that use. I've just been reminded of this with the delivery of the Permobil m300. The tech at the durable medical supplier emphasized the importance of how to care for the batteries for maximum life...charge every night after a day's use.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIQNES View Post
    Wow I have a TDXSP which is 7years old and only have to charge it once a week depending on my usage.
    Sure, you can charge it probably every two weeks, depending on how much you use it. I was referring to maximum longevity of the batteries. Lead batteries last the longest when the are kept at full charge as much as possible. Deep discharges, and sitting is what will kill them the quickest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    Sure, you can charge it probably every two weeks, depending on how much you use it. I was referring to maximum longevity of the batteries. Lead batteries last the longest when the are kept at full charge as much as possible. Deep discharges, and sitting is what will kill them the quickest.
    "Rustyjames," I asked this question in another thread, but I'll ask you here. I don't plan to use my old TDX-SP much, except for a "life boat." What do you think would be my best way of storing the chair/battery for long term limited use. I'm thinking about trying to put the chair up on jacks or blocks to keep the wheels from developing flat spots, but I'd like to keep the battery going if I can. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by peegy p View Post
    Where are you planning on being evaluated?
    last time, United seating and mobility (Numotion) sent somebody to my home (Deming, New Mexico) to do the evaluation without a demo. Made me nervous, but it turned out okay. Prior to that, I went through Sandia wheelchair, but had to change when the Coordination of Long-Term Services went into effect and I went with the MCO that my doctor at the time was contracted with. El Paso is a lot closer to my home than Albuquerque, last time I needed batteries changed, Numotion's tech came from El Paso. I spoke to somebody in the El Paso office this morning, I'm not eligible until October. Kind of hoping they will have an F3 demo, or be able to get one from one of their other locations by then. I'm more concerned about getting a better backrest. As far as getting an evaluation from a PT/OT, I've always managed to find somebody local to fill out the forms.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    "Rustyjames" is right, you should charge the chair after every use, whether the battery indicator reads almost fully charged or not. I know there are days when we may not be out and about and use the chair only in our homes, very light use. But, even so, plug the chair into the charger after that use. I've just been reminded of this with the delivery of the Permobil m300. The tech at the durable medical supplier emphasized the importance of how to care for the batteries for maximum life...charge every night after a day's use.
    Thanks guys for the information.

Regarding the oil on the jack screw enclosure and dried spots on the chassis cover on my new Permobile, posts 136, 137, and 138 and your helpful responses that followed. Here are the conclusions. A tech from the durable medical equipment supplier was out at my home today to look at these areas and tweak a few other things.

Dry Red Spots:
    As "nonoise" suggested, something must have been spilled. What ever the dried red spots were, they were water soluble and wiped off with a damp cloth. No harm to the cover. Since I didn't spill anything (I would have noticed something of similar color on my clothing), NL, the tech, and I had to conclude that something had to have been spilled by someone at one of a couple parties I attended over the holidays. At these parties, I was in the elevated position (great being eye level with folks) and somehow, someone must have spilled something. There were children at these parties...who knows, if one was down there playing and... But, if this is what happened, and say it was a child, note to self, pay particular attention to who is around when you return the elevation to the sitting height. There may be little fingers or other body parts around that could get hurt by the descending seat.

Oil on the Jack Screw Enlosure:
    As "Art454" suggested the oil on the enclosure was excess oil. That is a bit odd too, since the oil on the jack screw is dark gray or black. You'd think there would be a dark stain on the paper toweling we used to wipe over the spot.

The supplier tech also brought me a new battery charger. The power cord that plugs into the charger at one end and into a wall outlet at the other was very loose and wouldn't stay plugged in. The cord on the new charger is very tight and stays plugged into the charger.

All that said, many thanks to my supplier and all the folks at Permobil who scratched their heads and made the effort to problem solve these issues. Oh, and it turns out the jack screw box wasn't deformed, but built that way to provide a place to pry the top off, once 4 screws are removed. Not sure why the cover wasn't on square, but that was minor and the tech made adjustments. So all is good.
    Last edited by gjnl; 01-11-2017 at 09:21 PM.

I started my quest for a new Permobil M300 a week or 2 after GJ. I finally got a copy of the ADMC from Medicare with a thumbs up today. As expected, everything was approved except the seat elevator. I will keep you posted.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

anybody get the anterior tilt?, 5 or 10 degrees?

Has anybody purchased an F series Permobil in the last year or has one on order that has an aftermarket back?

If so, which back and how much additional depth had to be made to accommodate it?

The order form says that some aftermarket backs may consume as much as 2 inches of seat depth must be accounted for upfront in the purchasing specifications.

Thank you.

I have a permobil f5 corpus vs. Love it. A few "brains" issues, but they've been taken care of.