Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Permobil M300 Corpus G3

This is great, thank you for the report :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I've waited a few days before writing about the Permobil m300 that was delivered to me on Thursday before Christmas. I didn't want to make a any quick judgements.

It took some work to get the seating/positioning right. But it is impressive the number of adjustments that can be made fairly quickly and easily. The seat pan can be moved forward or backward on the base, leg rests can be lowered independently to accommodate the possibility of one leg being longer than the other, and both foot rests can be adjust together on a central post. The angle of the foot rests can be adjusted to tilt your toes up. Most all fasteners are allen heads, not bolts and aircraft nuts. The chair comes with a tool pouch which contains two screw drivers, standard and phillips, a set of allen wrenches, two open end wrenches, speedy wrench and a long handled allen wrench that fits in a slot on the back of the chair.

FOOT RESTS
    I am not a fan of independent foot rests. My TDX-SP had a single foot plate with heal loops. I could position my feet close together. Now they have to separated by the distance between the individual foot rests. The length of the foot rests are shorter than the one on the TDX-SP and my feet don't stay in position as well. I think the foot rests need to have the angle increased to help force my foot back into the foot rest. Even though that angle has been adjusted once, I think I need more "dump." I hesitate to adjust to allow more weight on my feet, because then my knees are floppy and there isn't enough thigh contact with the cushion. Independent foot rest are more difficult for NL as a caregiver to manage. She prefers the single foot plate too.

CHEST BELT
    Yes, Yes, Yes, I know...but I do use a chest belt. I reach for things on my desk, in file cabinets and on shelves and I need that extra support. I have a long torso and can "pendulum" from side to side a good deal. Without the chest strap, I would have broken front teeth falling face down on my granite top desk. No doubt the Body Point chest strap that can be ordered with the Permobil m300 is quality, but it is a 4 inch padded strap with the pinch buckle closure on the far right side. Positioned on the far right or left side, I can't get to the buckle to release and fasten it. The strap is obvious. My 2 inch black nylon strap with a pinch buckle in the center is less obvious on the TDX-SP.

ARM RESTS
    My opinion of the arm rests is still forming. They are wide, for sure. I think they need to be raised slightly and maybe tilted (angled) up slightly.

ROHO AGILITY BACK
    I'm very pleased with the Roho Agility Mid Back. It is extremely comfortable and I already see a difference in the redness on my spine.

RIDE AND POWER
    The ride on the m300 is very comfortable. It has the power to go almost straight up my neighbors steep driveway without hesitation. The TDX-SP always hesitated taking on that driveway and I had to tack back and forth like a sail boat trying to catch the wind to get from the side walk to the summit.

BATTERY CHARGER
    The power cord doesn't dock very securely into the charger. The first night NL plugged the charger into the chair, thought she secured the cord (yellow lights appeared) into the charger and plugged the cord into the wall. Next morning all lights were off and the chair had not been charged. It takes some fiddling with the power cord to get a secure dock into the charger. If you only slightly tap, or move the charger, the cord doesn't stay secure in the charger and doesn't supply power to the charger. Maybe this is just defective. I'll see what the durable medical supplier says tomorrow.

TILT, RECLINE, SEAT ELEVATATION
    All of these functions work great. I especially enjoyed the seat elevation at a couple parties where everyone was up on their feet. The mornings after the parties, for the first time since I can remember, I didn't have a stiff neck and shoulders from looking up at people from the sitting position. I can reach things on shelves that used to be out of reach. Now I can have my books on three shelves instead of two and I can get into the top drawer of my filing cabinet.

I'm sure there will be more later.
    independent foot rests....I like them you never no when you may need one shorter than the other.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    independent foot rests....I like them you never no when you may need one shorter than the other.
    Permobil does offer a one piece footplate with the Power Transfer Legrest, but it is just a rectangular box, not contoured or with heel supports like the one pictured above.
    Last edited by gjnl; 12-28-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I've waited a few days before writing about the Permobil m300 that was delivered to me on Thursday before Christmas. I didn't want to make a any quick judgements.

It took some work to get the seating/positioning right. But it is impressive the number of adjustments that can be made fairly quickly and easily. The seat pan can be moved forward or backward on the base, leg rests can be lowered independently to accommodate the possibility of one leg being longer than the other, and both foot rests can be adjust together on a central post. The angle of the foot rests can be adjusted to tilt your toes up. Most all fasteners are allen heads, not bolts and aircraft nuts. The chair comes with a tool pouch which contains two screw drivers, standard and phillips, a set of allen wrenches, two open end wrenches, speedy wrench and a long handled allen wrench that fits in a slot on the back of the chair.

FOOT RESTS
    I am not a fan of independent foot rests. My TDX-SP had a single foot plate with heal loops. I could position my feet close together. Now they have to separated by the distance between the individual foot rests. The length of the foot rests are shorter than the one on the TDX-SP and my feet don't stay in position as well. I think the foot rests need to have the angle increased to help force my foot back into the foot rest. Even though that angle has been adjusted once, I think I need more "dump." I hesitate to adjust to allow more weight on my feet, because then my knees are floppy and there isn't enough thigh contact with the cushion. Independent foot rest are more difficult for NL as a caregiver to manage. She prefers the single foot plate too.

CHEST BELT
    Yes, Yes, Yes, I know...but I do use a chest belt. I reach for things on my desk, in file cabinets and on shelves and I need that extra support. I have a long torso and can "pendulum" from side to side a good deal. Without the chest strap, I would have broken front teeth falling face down on my granite top desk. No doubt the Body Point chest strap that can be ordered with the Permobil m300 is quality, but it is a 4 inch padded strap with the pinch buckle closure on the far right side. Positioned on the far right or left side, I can't get to the buckle to release and fasten it. The strap is obvious. My 2 inch black nylon strap with a pinch buckle in the center is less obvious on the TDX-SP.

ARM RESTS
    My opinion of the arm rests is still forming. They are wide, for sure. I think they need to be raised slightly and maybe tilted (angled) up slightly.

ROHO AGILITY BACK
    I'm very pleased with the Roho Agility Mid Back. It is extremely comfortable and I already see a difference in the redness on my spine.

RIDE AND POWER
    The ride on the m300 is very comfortable. It has the power to go almost straight up my neighbors steep driveway without hesitation. The TDX-SP always hesitated taking on that driveway and I had to tack back and forth like a sail boat trying to catch the wind to get from the side walk to the summit.

BATTERY CHARGER
    The power cord doesn't dock very securely into the charger. The first night NL plugged the charger into the chair, thought she secured the cord (yellow lights appeared) into the charger and plugged the cord into the wall. Next morning all lights were off and the chair had not been charged. It takes some fiddling with the power cord to get a secure dock into the charger. If you only slightly tap, or move the charger, the cord doesn't stay secure in the charger and doesn't supply power to the charger. Maybe this is just defective. I'll see what the durable medical supplier says tomorrow.

TILT, RECLINE, SEAT ELEVATATION
    All of these functions work great. I especially enjoyed the seat elevation at a couple parties where everyone was up on their feet. The mornings after the parties, for the first time since I can remember, I didn't have a stiff neck and shoulders from looking up at people from the sitting position. I can reach things on shelves that used to be out of reach. Now I can have my books on three shelves instead of two and I can get into the top drawer of my filing cabinet.

I'm sure there will be more later.
    if your feet are floppy and you don't have good thigh contact with your cushion then your foot rests need to be adjusted.

What was your final STF height? Probably was 18.5 inches. Do you drive and how is your visibility?

Which batteries did you get, the 24 or 34?

Lastly, did you get the anterior tilt and if so the 5 or 10??

Thank you for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    if your feet are floppy and you don't have good thigh contact with your cushion then your foot rests need to be adjusted. Foot rests are adjusted at a sweet spot where I have good thigh contact with the cushion. That is why I am reluctant to adjust more weight to my feet. I'm used to a 10-1/2 inch long foot rest with heel loops rather than a 9 inch long foot rest with a square back.

What was your final STF height? Probably was 18.5 inches. 17.75 inches in back and a skosh under 20 inches in front when I'm in enough of a tilt to give me the "dump" I am used to in the TDX-SP. My foot rests had to be adjust extremely low, just as on my TDX-SP. The wheelchair tech didn't want to go that low, but there isn't a choice at my height, and I am used to being mindful where my footplates are positioned vis-a-vis the ground. Do you drive and how is your visibility? I don't drive, but I don't notice any difference from my TDX-SP in visibility as a passenger.

Which batteries did you get, the 24 or 34? I got Group 24.

Lastly, did you get the anterior tilt and if so the 5 or 10?? No I didn't get anterior tilt.

Thank you for the information.
    I'm not in the chair at the moment (NL is working on fitting my back pack and a small side pouch to the frame). But when I get into it tomorrow, I may edit that STF height in the front. Since I'm not in it and NL is working with the chair, the front STF height is a guess, but the back is 17.75.

The picture below is the back of the Permobil m300. I've had it just a couple weeks and today NL noticed what appeared to be drips on the chassis from the right front corner of this box (pictured and annotated) The box has a distortion near the middle of the cover and the sides are not evenly closed. Can anyone tell me what is inside the box/cover?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Below is a picture of the chassis of the m300. The chair is in the elevated position. These drips are dry, not wet or oily and appear to be coming from the front right corner (if you are looking at the chair from the back) of the box. Any thoughts on what this might be?

Below is a picture of the right side of the Permobil m300 with annotations.

Looks like it might be battery acid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
    Looks like it might be battery acid to me.
    The batteries are underneath the gray chassis cover. The drips are coming from above. The black box on the back of the chair below the seat isn't a battery case.

But thanks for trying.