Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Permobil M300 Corpus G3

Quote Originally Posted by SLIQNES View Post
    Interesting im gonna try to find some vidoes of it in action.
    I have a c300 and I would call it a front wheel drive......not a mid wheel drive.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by Art454 View Post
    I have a c300 and I would call it a front wheel drive......not a mid wheel drive.
    United Spinal Techguide classifies the c300 as a front wheel drive. A mid wheel has much larger front casters than the c300. I'd never paid much attention to the c300 until you brought this up.

All the best,
    GJ
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Originally Posted by gjnl
    The Permobil c300 is an older model of the Permobil mid wheel power chair. The model that replaced it was an m300. This is the chair I demoed and I felt had a superior ride to my 7 year old TDX-SP. Sometime, probably about mid 2017, the Permobil m300 will be replaced with the m3, also a mid wheel power chair.

I took the m300 over 3 inch curbs, rumble strips (for the blind) at curb cuts, gutter grates, into and out of my van, on cobbles and pavers, and I did not experience the jarring and teeth rattling bumpiness that I have with my TDX-SP.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by SLIQNES View Post
    Interesting im gonna try to find some vidoes of it in action.
    I have editrd my previous comments about the c300 being a mid wheel drive chair. It is actually a front wheel drive chair.
    Last edited by gjnl; 12-16-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    Congratulations !!!

Who is your DME ?

Cant wait to see it and your going to be so much more happy then that Pride Edge 2.0!

The reason I was asking if you lived in NCal is Steve B was at my house Tuesday and I think your name came up on trying to get info on the new m3 back during the summer in emails to him...
    So much for the HIPAA Privacy Act! This is a question/conversation better left to Private Message.

GJ

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    Congratulations !!!

Who is your DME ?

Cant wait to see it and your going to be so much more happy then that Pride Edge 2.0!

The reason I was asking if you lived in NCal is Steve B was at my house Tuesday and I think your name came up on trying to get info on the new m3 back during the summer in emails to him...
    Just to clarify from my earlier post in response to your inquiry.

No my contact at the durable medical equipment supplier was not a person with the name of Steve B.

The occupational therapist who did the seating evaluation was named Steve, but not Steve B.

It seems that you did not talk to anyone with whom I have had contact in this transaction of ordering this chair.

Maybe HIPAA Privacy Act is still intact. That said, the inquires you made would have been better asked via private message rather than on the public forum.

GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 12-16-2016 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Originally Posted by gjnl
    The Permobil c300 is an older model of the Permobil mid wheel power chair. The model that replaced it was an m300. This is the chair I demoed and I felt had a superior ride to my 7 year old TDX-SP. Sometime, probably about mid 2017, the Permobil m300 will be replaced with the m3, also a mid wheel power chair.

I took the m300 over 3 inch curbs, rumble strips (for the blind) at curb cuts, gutter grates, into and out of my van, on cobbles and pavers, and I did not experience the jarring and teeth rattling bumpiness that I have with my TDX-SP.

All the best,
    GJ
    I have an Invacare TDX-SP and I am trying to go with a Permobil F3. It's helpful to hear about someone else making the change. Glad you like the M300 so far. I hope you will keep reporting in. When I demo'd the F3 I found it very smooth too.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    I have an Invacare TDX-SP and I am trying to go with a Permobil F3. It's helpful to hear about someone else making the change. Glad you like the M300 so far. I hope you will keep reporting in. When I demo'd the F3 I found it very smooth too.
    I didn't have time to write about the delivery of the chair yesterday.

The sales rep and a wheelchair technician brought the chair to my home. I sat in the chair while the sales rep checked measurements comparing them to my old chair. The chair had to go back to the shop to tweak some things, so I haven't taken delivery and am not using it just yet. Likely, I will get it the middle of next week.

I'll have to have to get used to is the flat seat. My TDX-SP has some built in dump to it (higher at the front of the seat pan than the back of the seat pan). I can achieve something similar by playing with the tilt, albeit it will raise my knees a bit, but I think I'll work that through once everything has been tweaked.

More later.

All the best,
    GJ

I didn't have time to write about the delivery of the chair yesterday.

The sales rep and a wheelchair technician brought the chair to my home. I sat in the chair while the sales rep checked measurements comparing them to my old chair. The chair had to go back to the shop to tweak some things, so I haven't taken delivery and am not using it just yet. Likely, I will get it the middle of next week.

I'll have to have to get used to is the flat seat. My TDX-SP has some built in dump to it (higher at the front of the seat pan than the back of the seat pan). I can achieve something similar by playing with the tilt, albeit it will raise my knees a bit, but I think I'll work that through once everything has been tweaked.

More later.GJ
    This is great, hearing the step-by-step. I haven't had a new chair since 2007 so it's been a while since I went through the delivery. That's neat that you are using your old chair's measurements because that is what I am telling them to do with mine. I am very comfortable in my TDX-SP and I want to copy it as close as possible. The demo didn't fit me, oh that hurt. Everyone has a different body and I actually need a seat back fabric/foam that is firmer not deep and soft like the demo. Well, I won't know if I will get it until this application process is all over but I am going step by step and knowing what you are doing is good for reminding me what to pay attention to. Hope you get your final delivery next week.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    This is great, hearing the step-by-step. I haven't had a new chair since 2007 so it's been a while since I went through the delivery. That's neat that you are using your old chair's measurements because that is what I am telling them to do with mine. I am very comfortable in my TDX-SP and I want to copy it as close as possible. The demo didn't fit me, oh that hurt. Everyone has a different body and I actually need a seat back fabric/foam that is firmer not deep and soft like the demo. Well, I won't know if I will get it until this application process is all over but I am going step by step and knowing what you are doing is good for reminding me what to pay attention to. Hope you get your final delivery next week.
    No the demo chairs didn't fit me either. I couldn't have spent any more time in them than the 45 minutes I did. I can tell you that even without the tweaking needs to be done, I was much more comfortable in the chair that was ordered to my measurements. The optimum seat pan to floor height I can achieve in the m300 is 17-1/2 inches to accommodate the group 24 batteries which are taller than group 22 batteries which would allow for a 16-1/2 inch seat to floor height. Group 22 batteries don't seem to have good reviews when used with the m300 and I would suppose the same would go for the f3.

All the best,
    GJ

No the demo chairs didn't fit me either. I couldn't have spent any more time in them than the 45 minutes I did. I can tell you that even without the tweaking needs to be done, I was much more comfortable in the chair that was ordered to my measurements. The optimum seat pan to floor height I can achieve in the m300 is 17-1/2 inches to accommodate the group 24 batteries which are taller than group 22 batteries which would allow for a 16-1/2 inch seat to floor height. Group 22 batteries don't seem to have good reviews when used with the m300 and I would suppose the same would go for the f3.

GJ
    Thank you for telling me that. I feel so much better knowing it's not only me who doesn't fit the demo. It took me a long time to figure out what worked for me, I spent years in pain with the wrong configuration. My Quickie hurt every day for 7 years. My Invacare is really comfortable. I will do everything I can to make my next chair fit the same.

Regarding 22NF batteries, I have never heard anything good about them except that they are lighter and so good for use in a smaller chair but not the big ones like a Permobil or TDX-SP. I have always had Group 24, I don't know much about the next group up, 30 somethings. I would always want to fit the largest I can but you made some really good points about how the chair is affected because of the battery size. I hadn't thought of that.

I am guessing that by now you have your chair or are pretty close. I don't know if I will get approved, it would be great but I am at the start of the process, waiting to see and sign off on the application. I'll see what 2017 will bring. It's a silly thought that I keep having over the years, being so rich that I could just get whatever chair I need as easy as making a call to the dealer. That would be pretty neat :-)

Merry Christmas.