Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Permobil M300 Corpus G3

Very nice! Enjoy!

As in the seat elevator is free? Insurance dragging their feet, probably hoping to miss end of year, the jerks, but I was thinking I was stuck paying for elevator regardless. Tell me it's really free!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri View Post
    As in the seat elevator is free? Insurance dragging their feet, probably hoping to miss end of year, the jerks, but I was thinking I was stuck paying for elevator regardless. Tell me it's really free!!!
    You need to mention this to your durable medical equipment supplier. I can't vouch for this offer.

All the best,
    GJ

As far as I was aware, anterior tilt and seat elevation are not covered options, even though both would be helpful at increasing functionality and minimizing shoulder abuse, though these are not true medical justifications as tilt/recline are in minimizing skin injury. It is encouraging to note that others have found the anterior tilt to be hopeful. I can't see how the DME dealer can make money by including the elevator ($3,000) at no cost if Medicare won't pay for it.

My C300 is 17.5 seat to floor height and my visibility is just about at the uppermost tolerable level for driving. The F3 with an elevator is 18.5 (17.5 without) which may make driving more of an issue especially if one tilts back a little bit for stability. One can reduce the tilt to zero to gain headroom, but it makes it more fatiguing and unstable if one is a quad. The only place I use the elevator for is the bank and browsing library shelves, not every day tasks.

So my feeling is to go without the elevator and to get anterior tilt ($900) if I can stay at 17 1/2 inches.

Another option I thought might be handy is the memory program wherein one touch will put you into one of three configurations, say pressure relief, driving, etc., saving your hand from constantly manipulating the joystick or buttons. I have very bad issues with my hand and this would be quite helpful. It is not much at about $130.

Does anybody have an F3 with an aftermarket back or know of anybody with one? My DME was not happy at the idea of putting on an aftermarket back, mostly because I think they just didn't want to go through the effort to set up a demo chair with the equipment. Once I stressed that I do not want to sit in another permobil back, which I think functionally and anatomically stink, it set me back another two months in order for them to obtain all of the parts, the two demo aftermarket backs and set it all up for trial. They were hoping I wouldn't ask, even though I stressed that from the beginning. Nor was I even made aware of the anterior tilt option.

One can download the order form from the Permobil website. It is the quotation form that the DME dealer's use in getting Medicare approval before the actual purchase is made. It has all of the options as well as the costs.

My F3 has both tilts no elevator or recline. Very tight getting into the van . The anterior tilt gives more head room. Thought it would be the other way. I couldn't get in without it.

gjnl: Complete random question are you in N Cal area???

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    gjnl: Complete random question are you in N Cal area???
    Yes

Don't look at the price on the order form, Insurance messed up and sent the quote from the dealer. About half price and even thew in snow tires, $20240

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Surprises of all surprises! has come earlier!

The m300 has been delivered to my durable medical supplier's shop and I have an appointment to have it delivered to my home by a technician who will go through the final set up with me.

So instead of 3-9 months, it barely took 6-8 weeks.

My timeline:
    10/24/16 Wheelchair evaluation by an occupational therapist
    11/03/16 Meeting with durable medical supplier and demo
    11/16/16 Meeting with durable medical supplier and demo
    11/18/16 San Jose Abilities Exp
    11/23/16 Wheelchair ordered by durable medical supplier
    12/12/16 Call from durable medical supplier that chair has arrived.
    12/15/15 Appointment to set up chair

Hope all goes as smoothly for any of you who are going through the same process.

The chair does have power seat elevation. Full disclosure seat elevation on the m300 is a promotional item from Permobil at this time.

All the best,
    GJ
    Congratulations !!!

Who is your DME ?

Cant wait to see it and your going to be so much more happy then that Pride Edge 2.0!

The reason I was asking if you lived in NCal is Steve B was at my house Tuesday and I think your name came up on trying to get info on the new m3 back during the summer in emails to him...

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    As far as I was aware, anterior tilt and seat elevation are not covered options, even though both would be helpful at increasing functionality and minimizing shoulder abuse, though these are not true medical justifications as tilt/recline are in minimizing skin injury. It is encouraging to note that others have found the anterior tilt to be hopeful. I can't see how the DME dealer can make money by including the elevator ($3,000) at no cost if Medicare won't pay for it.

My C300 is 17.5 seat to floor height and my visibility is just about at the uppermost tolerable level for driving. The F3 with an elevator is 18.5 (17.5 without) which may make driving more of an issue especially if one tilts back a little bit for stability. One can reduce the tilt to zero to gain headroom, but it makes it more fatiguing and unstable if one is a quad. The only place I use the elevator for is the bank and browsing library shelves, not every day tasks.

So my feeling is to go without the elevator and to get anterior tilt ($900) if I can stay at 17 1/2 inches.

Another option I thought might be handy is the memory program wherein one touch will put you into one of three configurations, say pressure relief, driving, etc., saving your hand from constantly manipulating the joystick or buttons. I have very bad issues with my hand and this would be quite helpful. It is not much at about $130.

Does anybody have an F3 with an aftermarket back or know of anybody with one? My DME was not happy at the idea of putting on an aftermarket back, mostly because I think they just didn't want to go through the effort to set up a demo chair with the equipment. Once I stressed that I do not want to sit in another permobil back, which I think functionally and anatomically stink, it set me back another two months in order for them to obtain all of the parts, the two demo aftermarket backs and set it all up for trial. They were hoping I wouldn't ask, even though I stressed that from the beginning. Nor was I even made aware of the anterior tilt option.

One can download the order form from the Permobil website. It is the quotation form that the DME dealer's use in getting Medicare approval before the actual purchase is made. It has all of the options as well as the costs.

No that is not true I have anterior tilt 10% and my insurance covered it and seat elevation I worked with DME to get it at cost.

Some DME's dont want to put in the extra work to get seat elevation approved and the documentation behind it to get approved.

Pride has a 60% plus and going approval with iLevel and Medicare.

Modify there form and take out there branding for iLevel with your DME
    http://www.quantumrehab.com/pdf/self...t-height-1.pdf

Remember this is a business transaction so DME have a mark up so everything is negotiable.

If your a van user I would try a F3 out to make sure it will fit because a van with 8" drop I hit my head and could not get the chair to fit, 10" tight, 12" drop is ok.
    Last edited by RollPositive; 12-15-2016 at 05:25 PM.