Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre Surgery Bowel Prep

Any time you have abdominal or pelvic surgery you are at risk of having your bowel program thrown for a loop for a while. Have you reported this to your surgeon? Have you asked to have your stool tested to be sure you do not have c. diff?

(KLD)

Have not talked to surgeon since pre op. Program seems back on track though, for the most part. I have another pre op appt with my primary in two weeks for botox for bladder, then a follow up with surgeon on the 4th and botox on 12th. So, if still having issues I can address them at my appts. One I will address is the placement of legs and hips. They really did a number on my right hip. Lots of pain. I know it's from the positioning/placement in stirrups for surgery but my hips just dont move that way. I think a lot of my pain was actually coming from my hip and into my back from whatever they did, so will make sure that there is something noted in my chart about that.

Question. I am not having accidents. However, I am having pain after I eat and using my bowel program. I would describe it I guess like cramping or spasms after I eat and during my my program. To the point I double over at times. I am not having diarrhea, no accidents. I am back to taking miralax as needed. My program is back to its routine. I am eating normal foods, nothing spicy, nothing fried, nothing greasy. Should I still consider getting tested for a C Diff infection or is this still normal getting back on tract from surgery. The incisionz are doing well and I only have some discomfort associated with my right side. This abdominal pain is definitely with my intestines and bowel. No fever. Appetite seems fine. No weight loss.