Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New, In Mexico

Best of luck, pauly! I am guessing your injury is incomplete and from a contusion, and you're paraplegiac. I'll look forward to your updates, but I won't be trying the cancer drug unless a doctor or nurse can administer it. 4-AP-3-MeOH has worked very well for me and safely...

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly1 View Post

Will do anything to get nerves firing like pre SCI. Sun Pharma 3.75mg Lupride Depot on it's way. Need to figure how to stick myself safely. My own clinical trial
    Good luck! I hope you document everything the best you can. Are you able to do physical therapy, like walking/gait training?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    Are you able to do physical therapy, like walking/gait training?
    Yes, can walk short distances. Arms work too. Just a lot of spasticity, strength loss and altered sensation below C5 compared to pre SCI.
    Last edited by Pauly1; 12-05-2016 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    Good luck! I hope you document everything the best you can.
    Docs have discharged ASIA-C results and modified Ashworth scale for spasticity. During 3 month Lupride Depot neuroregeneration own clinical trial will do following to maximize gains with the resources at hand:

- physio for nerve firing
    - 5 degress inclined bed sleep therapy to have gravity help nerve regrowth
    - vibration therapy at base of spine for nerve firing
    - 4AP or AP4-3-MeOH to increase nerve conduction down demyelinated axons
    - hold a Keshe pain pen (Co2 gans) over the injury site before sleep that applies plasma to supposedly heal damaged tissue

I expect a loss of strength due to suppression of testosterone production by the Lupride Depot. Wonder if those reproductive hormones act as a switch to prevent neurogeneration hence requiring this drug to 'take us back to infancy'?

Glial scar -
    I'd love to combine this something to break up the glial scar, eg:

1. CT-guided ChABC injections above/below my injury site OR
    2. get a sample glial scar, apply various pulse frequencies to it with a function generator, observe it's resonant frequency that breaks up the tissue and then apply that daily.
    Last edited by Pauly1; 12-09-2016 at 08:03 PM.

This is incredible.

any updates Pauly?

anyupdates?

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESRRR View Post
    anyupdates?
    Still awaiting delivery of the Leupride Depot. Needing to figure a safe injection mechanism. Docs/nurses won't inject unprescribed meds due to insurance reasons. Nor do I have safe injecting rooms (nurse supervised injection of illegal drugs) as used by heroin addicts in my state.

Am leaning towards just doing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E__kMjcp0XM . Same 23 gauge needle used.
    Last edited by Pauly1; 01-01-2017 at 06:31 PM.

If you must give it yourself (do you know a family member or friend who is a nurse who can help you??), then this video is better than the one above. We generally recommend for IM injections that they be given ABOVE the level of injury (ie, into the deltoid muscle of the arm) in people with SCI, as you will get better absorption of the medication there. Please do not use the buttocks, as recent studies have found even nurses and physicians often use an unsafe area there that can damage blood vessels or nerves. If using the thigh, it should be actually a bit more to the side than what you see in this video (not directly on top of the thigh like shown):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMEZdNodGM0

Here is a diagram and directions for using the deltoid:

Completely expose the upper arm. You will give the injection in the center of an upside down triangle. Feel for the bone that goes across the top of the upper arm. This bone is called the acromion process. The bottom of it will form the base of the triangle. The point of the triangle is directly below the middle of the base at about the level of the armpit. The correct area to give an injection is in the center of the triangle, 1 to 2 inches below the acromion process. This site should not be used if the person is very thin or the muscle is very small.
    (KLD)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    If you must give it yourself (do you know a family member or friend who is a nurse who can help you??), then this video is better than the one above. We generally recommend for IM injections that they be given ABOVE the level of injury (ie, into the deltoid muscle of the arm) in people with SCI, as you will get better absorption of the medication there. Please do not use the buttocks, as recent studies have found even nurses and physicians often use an unsafe area there that can damage blood vessels or nerves. If using the thigh, it should be actually a bit more to the side than what you see in this video (not directly on top of the thigh like shown):
    Thank you for the guidance.

Lupron/Leupride Depot are lymphozied granules that slow release over 1 month. Is the deltoid necessary then? I ask as am having trouble getting help in doing the injection so am resorting to a self approach. The thigh being the most accessible and easiest given dexterity issues due to SCI.

This is OK if you don't have excessive atrophy of muscle there, and as long as it is given with correct technique, but it may result in decreased drug absorption. Do you have a family member or friend who can help you?

(KLD)