Thread: how to tell

how to tell

I just went flying out of my golf cart it took off at a high rate of speed I hit a depression went flying hit the dirt sideway legs kind of bent natural not weird

got picked up put in chair game in stripped everying my sis says looks ok no bruising yet but a little red

land on my side what should I look for swelling heat ? its an hr to te nearest hospital

scared the crap out of me I transferred in noticed handle was upside down touched it it took off barely missed a concrete pillar of my house was really blessed not to have hit it or the dirt pile in front I just missed it

Ice on red or swollen parts. Watch for bruising. If you start to get a lot of AD get to doc. Could be a sign of something more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    Ice on red or swollen parts. Watch for bruising. If you start to get a lot of AD get to doc. Could be a sign of something more serious.

if anything swollen in am I will go as that could be but dam I was scarednshees

Hope you are ok! Just wondering if you have considered other devices to get around. Don't know much about golf carts, but apparently you have used one safely until now.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    Hope you are ok! Just wondering if you have considered other devices to get around. Don't know much about golf carts, but apparently you have used one safely until now.

no I just got it it would have been my 3 time somehow hand control were upside down and whe I touch it to try move back that's when it exploded out from house my sis has never seen 1 act like that it wikk be checked and a governer put on then again I may sell it scared the crap out of me

Hard to say if anything broken but don't hesitate to go to MD/ER if you think it might be. No difficulty breathing- also worry about the ribs and puncturing a lung. Even golf carts can be dangerous- I am sure you will check the settings before getting on- off is best.
    While on the subject-Because I have seen so many with repeat injuries that might have been avoided and we want everyone to do activities and I will never tell some one absolutely not - but will discuss issues. I have this pet peave about safety belts- it is a moving vehicle and there should be a belt on (In Texas it is the law- click it or ticket!
    All moving vehicles including golf carts, tractors, boats, whatever- something that will hold but easily released if that situation needed-even if just a Velcro strap that holds but easily released- something to prevent flying off- one spinal cord injury is enough and it may worsen or be a higher injury, and a brain injury or chest injury or any injury isn't good either! Something portable and reusable (And no falls, no matter what! there is way to safely fall- that is only luck!
    CWO

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Hard to say if anything broken but don't hesitate to go to MD/ER if you think it might be. No difficulty breathing- also worry about the ribs and puncturing a lung. Even golf carts can be dangerous- I am sure you will check the settings before getting on- off is best.
    While on the subject-Because I have seen so many with repeat injuries that might have been avoided and we want everyone to do activities and I will never tell some one absolutely not - but will discuss issues. I have this pet peave about safety belts- it is a moving vehicle and there should be a belt on (In Texas it is the law- click it or ticket!
    All moving vehicles including golf carts, tractors, boats, whatever- something that will hold but easily released if that situation needed-even if just a Velcro strap that holds but easily released- something to prevent flying off- one spinal cord injury is enough and it may worsen or be a higher injury, and a brain injury or chest injury or any injury isn't good either! Something portable and reusable (And no falls, no matter what! there is way to safely fall- that is only luck!
    CWO
    we are gonna put a harness on it but but I am re thinking this as I was blessed just really sore no swelling some brusing it was pure luck as I was not injured worse