Thread: Great lap tray for iPad or laptop!

Great lap tray for iPad or laptop!

We found this great lap trap for use in bed or power chair use.

Its nice because it has a led light, and a pull out shelf to hold your cell phone to.

Costco $26!

/

Memory foam should stop Winblows hot air laptop from burning you. Memory foam would shape so it does not fall off.

Mac Books pull air through the keyboard and with display up hot air is blown up the surface of the display.

With laptop in the clamshell mode, it probably blows out the back.

They could use conduction with metal case laptops, but the hot surface would burn you.

Sounds like you have issues with hot laptops?

Never an issue for us...

Hot air

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    Sounds like you have issues with hot laptops?

Never an issue for us...
    I work them hard cracking stuff like SHA hashes dumped from crappy RDBMS powered websites. Always with all available threads running AVX built cracks at full tilt. This is a fanless conduction cooled machine for defence applications. It large, heavy with lots of fins, but still not too hot to touch. I would not leave it on my legs for a long time, though as it is hard and weighs a lot.

My 4 thread plastic Celeron Chrome book (Acer C720) now running Debian never runs hot, it can't. This is what I use as a laptop. Battery life is excellent.

Mac Book Pro is designed to not burn users as I have described. This is a desk book as it too weighs a lot. Turned all the transparency and animation off via accessibility to make it run cooler. OS X 10.12 was pushing the vintage 2Gio MBP a bit. Have not put Debian GNU/Linux back on a spare partition after an upgrade. It's just an OS X machine for now.

In Windows, always choose optimise display for performance to turn crappage off.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by zagam; 01-10-2017 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Help for Winblows lusers

Quote Originally Posted by zagam View Post
    I work them hard cracking stuff like SHA hashes dumped from crappy RDBMS powered websites. Always with all available threads running AVX built cracks at full tilt. This is a fanless conduction cooled machine for defence applications. It large, heavy with lots of fins, but still not too hot to touch. I would not leave it on my legs for a long time, though as it is hard and weighs a lot.

My 4 thread plastic Celeron Chrome book (Acer C720) now running Debian never runs hot, it can't. This is what I use as a laptop. Battery life is excellent.

Mac Book Pro is designed to not burn users as I have described. This is a desk book as it too weighs a lot. Turned all the transparency and animation off via accessibility to make it run cooler. OS X 10.12 was pushing the vintage 2Gio MBP a bit. Have not put Debian GNU/Linux back on a spare partition after an upgrade. It's just an OS X machine for now.

In Windows, always choose optimise display for performance to turn crappage off.
    i have the Asus c300 and can beat the battery life..